Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:02 PM
console lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_lateral
Well, If nobody else will come out and say it, I will. This is absolute bunk.
I think I kinda sorta hinted at that conclusion, but you get points for brevity and directness.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
AK Member

Actually, these TV sets have a flawed design that under the right conditions inverts magnetically. Since they are plugged in when this happens, it causes the usual polarity of the wires running through the walls --which, like everything else, is normally aligned with the fundamental electro-harmonic resonance of the Earth's magnetic field, and therefore causes no problems-- to reverse itself. As soon as this polarity reversal occurs, the wires in the walls REPEL the nails, pushing them out of the walls at high speed, like bullets. This requires less energy than pulling them out would, since you are just reversing the direction that the nails were put in, using a reversed polarity. Since the wires are connected to the city's electrical grid, they have plenty of power available to do this; it is not dependent on what is inside of the TV; all that does is initiate the reversal. Then the power of the city's electrical grid provides the rest of the energy needed. Sometimes when this event occurs, the neighbors' electricity supply "stutters" a little. Ever had your lights flicker or your TV set stutter a bit? It was probably due to this happening somewhere nearby in your city. So you see, the nails don't get sucked into the TV, they get pushed out of the walls.

Once any one of them touches the TV, though, it discharges the imbalance and stops the process, much the way a spark from your hand to a doorknob discharges a static buildup. The kid was just unlucky enough to be in the path of one, before the first one hit the television.

At the risk of oversimplifying, perhaps the easiest way to explain this comes out of the movie "Young Frankenstein": You connect the plus to minus, and minus to plus...

I think I have seen to many 1950s sci-fi flicks...
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yes, I've seen this effect in guitar amps too, but only with Electro-Harmonix brand tubes. They seem to have the right electro-harmonic resonance. It was dramatically shown in "Back to the Future" when Marty McFly's guitar amp exploded.

Note the name of one of the posters here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/t....msg67793.html
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Brach

Hello Arkay and kbmuri,

I get the distinct impression you two are giving factual information and I greatly appreciate it. It makes sense to me but I am not as well-educated as I should be so I am often suspicious of "what I think".
I sure wish we could all verify this but I feel like it has been verified by much of what's written here. I am not sensing 3 men pulling our legs.

Thank you very much
Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

This thread is creepy as hell...

I suppose it is possible, but very unlikely.

I know a fair bit about the Philadelphia Experiment though... Not to mention a few other experiments...

I don't own a cell phone, and I never will (and I am young, so its like... very odd to everyone)
Audiokarma
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Brach

How in the world is this creepy?

Would it be less creepy to shower Heath Ledger with googoos and awws over how beautiful his acting abilities are?

I am not trying to joke or make others think anything.

I am reading words from at least two very well respected and very well educated men who obviously know alot more about science and electronics than I.

I just hope to find out if the nails came out of the wall and if what these men wrote isn't enough to prove it's possibility I do believe a newspaper article could lead to relatives who could verify it.

We will not be visiting the realatives so somebody here is knowlegeable enough to verify it . I bet this gentleman from HongKong is being serious and I bet he knows what he is talking about.

Don't you care if it happened or not? I would guess not

This is creepy? I sure weould like to know what you think is not creepy.

Goodnight and I love you. (now theres some real creepy for you you sexy hunk...ooh la la!)
Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 PM
console lover

"S'matter with you Jack, you don't want a colored TV set, the dang things blow up!"
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmuri View Post
Yes, I've seen this effect in guitar amps too, but only with Electro-Harmonix brand tubes. They seem to have the right electro-harmonic resonance. It was dramatically shown in "Back to the Future" when Marty McFly's guitar amp exploded.

Note the name of one of the posters here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/t....msg67793.html
And your link lead me eventually back here:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,2383.0.html

...where you can download a PDF about this "TPU device".

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?a....0;attach=9211

Interesting reading.........

John
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Brach

Hahaha

I doubt it but I failed to take the time to think of a better example of a typical conversation here at AK that most here apparently think is not creepy.

Heath's thread is in another category but if I took the time to find them I would find plenty in the TV section to support my impression that this talk of nails pushed out a wall to a TV is in no way "creepy" at all especially if compared to much of the "typical" humor here there and everywhere.

So, nails being pushed out a wall electromagnetically is not possible?
I hope to find the truth.

I am an honest man who loves humor of all types except when it's mean in any way towards the less fortunate.

Many of you are far above most men with your knowlege and wisdom. To try and make somebody less fortunate to believe untruths is definately mean and definately CREEPY AS HELL.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

The degaussing coil could not suck any metal towards it because it has no core and thus no pull. This one is definitely a myth, however, a 21" CRT imploding could certainly cause problems!

Charles
Old 01-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Brach

Thank you Charles

Mr Arkay was also generous enough to clue me in.
I did think he may be spoofing but the initial story sounded possible to me because I thought nobody in a group of such highly intelligent, well-educated and considerate people would bother to think and type so much just to fool strangers. To me that is not at all funny but I don't mind and my previous words CREEPY AS HELL were not reflective of any anger towards anybody. I just thought it was creepy to say what I was part of was creepy. Now I guess it was creepy afterall but not as creepy as praising Heath Ledger as though he had accomplished anything important in his life.

Earlier in the day I was watching a special on Egypt tomb carvings showing the helicopter, speedboat, and plane all next to eachother as I described previously and other specials that brought me to believe there are wilder possibilities in life than I thought. Another showed many people out west claiming to have seen ships come out of the ocean. A 911 call desribed overhead huge craft. Much else was presented with info on magnetic possibilities for these vessels. It was about something I had never heard of but it seemed logical to me.
I am frustrated not being able to figure out what is true or not. I thought I was getting smarter but now I think I may have some brain damage.
I should have known I would have heard about the exploding sets if it was true but I thought if UFO's are real than this story could be also.
I can't believe I'm that slow. I guess the person who wrote the story will get a real thrill from making a fool of me? I think this was good for me but I just feel kinda creepy.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
console lover

You cast yourself as a "stranger" but I wonder if maybe we knew you before by another name...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Brach

Would you like me to be someone that was here before? Sorry to disappoint you but I am not who you obviously think I am. He is a very good friend of mine who was, in my humble opinion, abused by at least one person here who apparently was on some very odd power trip. Apparently the offender is an extremely successful man with beautiful children who, surprisingly to me, seemed to take a genuine pleasure in hurting my friend based on his words. I heard my friend wrote horrible things in return and that was completely wrong of him to do so.

Perhaps it will please that person to know that not only did my friend throw away many worthwhile TV's but also gave me his two RCA's that I mentioned knowing at least several of you would know the sets as if they were your long lost children. He became very depressed over being treated as he was and is currently in a private mental hospital after being persuaded by his family to not take his own life.

He told me that if I came here I would find some of the greatest people on earth. He said he regrets what he did but could not help himself because he believed he was being targeted for a bully's pleasure. He said he will never come back here. I don't believe he will ever come back here because I have known him since the first grade and he is one of the most sincere men I have ever met. He is writing a story about it all and thinks he can sell it. I'm not sure how you sell a book from a mental hospital but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Is he crazy? I guess he is or he probably would not be where he is now.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Wow...This is gettin' deep...
Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Frank

He's going to sell a book about being mistreated on a bulletin board to the extent that he needed inpatient mental health treatment?

I think the book about the black-hole TV sets will sell better.
#1 Squeezebox>Scott LK-72>Polk Monitor 7's
#2 Music Hall MMF5>Ortofon Super OM 20>Eico HF-81>Fostex FE206E FLH's
#3 Wintel Comp>SPDIF> Beresford DAC>Stromberg Carlson ASR-8/80> Wharfedale W70's
#4 IPOD>Eico AF-4>LaScalas
pics
Audiokarma