Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

I took the fine tuning mechanism apart, cleaned and lubed everything. Like on the power tuning, the plastic gear was broken and turned loosely on the shaft. I glued it back together, glue hardening now. The belt is loose, but it will cause the shaft to turn. But I don't know if it will slip when it's all back together and the has added pressure on it of turning those slugs in the tuner. The sams doesn't give a part # for the belt, anyone have that so I can try to order another one?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm putting this back together, and should have noticed better how it went when I took it apart. There's one clip I can't figure where it goes. Picture below, arrow pointing to clip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010212.JPG (85.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ok I put this back together (minus that clip?), and it works, more or less. The belt will slip a bit when it hits the plastic gear tooth I tried to reconstruct from epoxy, but it will catch again after usually 1/2 turn. For now I'm putting this back together. I also have my 1950 RCA 6T65 console apart, and a 1956 GE portable chassis up on my bench, and I don't like having so many projects going at once. This is going to stay as is until I get either a new belt or a tuner to use as a parts unit to pull that gear from. It seems those plastic gears are a real weak point in these Zeniths.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010217.JPG (92.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Adam; 10-30-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Being able to adjust the fine tuning did not completely get rid of the problem, but it improved it a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010225.JPG (82.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

That clip would typically go someplace like on one of the shafts, just inside or outside one of the panels the shaft passes through. The shaft would usually have a smaller-diameter groove machined into it at that point. Look at each of the shafts and any other cylindrical moving part about the diameter of the middle part of the clip.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Audiokarma