Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Motorola Minion

I find it pretty amusing that Mopar uses classic hemi cu. in. displacements like 345 and 392 =), and is the 5.7L hemi truck engine a poke at GM?...
Id take a Challenger too, it looks alot closer to the real thing than the Mustang and Camaro does.

While we are thinking Ford, my first new "car" was a 1993 Ranger XLT 4x4 with the 3.0L V6, not the 4.0L which had a lot more torque. It got 22 mpg, but with a 5 speed, it was only rated to tow 2500#
It got very rusty underneath and I decided to sell it while it was still looking good. Yes, it was a tomato can - should have got a full size.
IIRC the 3.0L and 3.8L Ford V6 engines were used in the Taurus and minivans, not truck engines like the 4.0L.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
I find it pretty amusing that Mopar uses classic hemi cu. in. displacements like 345 and 392 =), and is the 5.7L hemi truck engine a poke at GM?...

Id take a Challenger too, it looks alot closer to the real thing than the Mustang and Camaro does.
I agree a lot, the Challenger looks 100 times cooler than the mustang, and camaro combined ! Not just today, but in the 70's too !

I saw hemi heads on youtube, are the other truck heads also just 2 valves per cylinder ??

Those hemi valves are pretty dam big, but what about ford and gm ??

What kinda poke ?? Dodge quit using 100, 200 on their trucks a while ago and went on to 1500 and 2500,
I figured that was them going after GM.... poke-poke.

Wonder why ford hasn't gone and went f-10,000 and f-20,000
I guess the f-150 is just too memorable....

You know like tv news Doppler Radar 5000, and such as stations think they are out-radaring each other..... I bet its all from the national weather service anyway.....

Last edited by Username1; 11-26-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 PM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Yes, the 345 and 392 engine sizes were used back in the 1950's... good catch, Dave. However, I, too, am confused about your reference to the 5.7 and GM.... only engine size in that area that I recall GM using was the 350 (man that one was around for a long long time).

So far, I've made my decision to get the car in Jazz Blue. Loan is pre-approved at the credit union. Now all I am waiting to find out about is if I can get a Stripe Delete. If so, I will be ordering the car in a couple weeks.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:19 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post

You know like tv news Doppler Radar 5000, and such as stations think they are out-radaring each other..... I bet its all from the national weather service anyway.....
When I lived in Florida Brighthouse cable company had it's own state wide news station Bay News 9...They were trying to out radar themselves! There were various different things they tried to do. Dual polarization radar that was supposed to give you a 3D view of cloud banks, one or two other things that I can't remember, and then...Klystron 9 Which was supposed to be one of the most powerful radar systems in the country...I don't doubt that claim as after they put it in, the area around their tower on the map ALWAYS had a small, jagged, fuzzy ring of false 'clouds' around it (which I assume was from all that power reflecting off dust in the air near the tower and the occasional bird that got too close and roasted...).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Pretty funny !

When I lived in Atlanta the area stations gave more and more creative and aggressive names to the weather radars, then they added numbers too. When I left they were up to 2000, Now I think it was in keeping with the coming y2k. I imagine Klystron 9 will eventually become Klystron 9000 ! only spoken with louder masculine speedy voice with weather radar graphic wizzzing behind the voice....
Old 11-28-2013, 06:21 PM
On Land

Man, I wish Big Mama Mopar would have put this one out....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/in...?topic=32318.0

I would probably already have one... it's just awesome looking... and amazing how well it resembles the 1971 Plymouth.

Funny to think... starting in the 80's, many of Chrysler Corporation's autos were going front wheel drive and sporting weed-eater engines. Back then, that was the wave of the future. Their last car to have RWD and a 318 was the 5th Avenue in 1989.

Fast forward several years, and here they are going back to available v8's and rear wheel drive in the 300, Charger and Challenger... with the 200, Dart, and Avenger staying FWD with 4 and 6 cylinders.

I bet back in the 80's, they never thought they would return to a V8/RWD configuration!

Personally, I'm glad they did. Now they need to make that modern looking GTX!

Old 11-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I would probably already have one... it's just awesome looking... and amazing how well it resembles the 1971 Plymouth.
One of those was T-boned by a cop car in the original Gone in 60 Seconds just after the couple who took it for a test drive decided to buy it. Bummer.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have had my 2010 Dodge 2 years,bought it brand new.I have just a little
under 10k miles on it.Mine is a R/T Classic.5.7 litre,6 speed manual.I like it,SoFar-SoGood.
My first car ever was a 68 Charger,I have owned a dozen or so Cuda's,Challengers, Chargers,etc.. So basically this was a no- brainer for me

Last edited by grimer; 11-29-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Very cool looking car ! ! !
Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM
On Land

Sure is! I am planning on mine being blue as well. Too bad they weren't still offering B5 blue like they did a few years ago... I always liked that color.

Audiokarma
Old 11-30-2013, 03:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Sure is! I am planning on mine being blue as well. Too bad they weren't still offering B5 blue like they did a few years ago... I always liked that color.
The picture is great, but it's kind of hard to see the real blue shade.
My 2000 Dakota is brighter blue called Intense Blue Clearcoat. Back then the darker blue was referred to as: Patriot Blue. Then my 2003 Dodge Neon was Levi's blue. Metallic blue in the middle of the two mentioned colors.
With all the great colors available, by all the manufacturers, who in their right mind would buy a white car?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:05 PM
On Land

ORDER IS IN!

Currently, we are a couple hundred miles off the West Coast headed to LA. Talked to a salesman, told him what I wanted, made a deposit for the order... all over the sat-phone this morning. Was that simple.

The car should be here in February. I get off the ship in late-January, so this should work out just fine.

My car will look like Grimer's in the photo above, except will have different wheels. It's likely that i will remove the black stripes... they peel off pretty easily when new... just like electric tape.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Banned

No,but does a 426 hemi superbird,fitted with a tremec magnum 6 speed,4 wheel discs Dana 70 Detroit locker 4.88 axle, count painted in a very ghey pink,with environmentally friendly leaded marine paint,hand painted by my crazy 6 and 7 yr old girls,the ones who bought it from an old man for 44000 bucks,clutch started it and drove it home,lucky the cop who saw them was my brother.Had phony plates from my Australian Chrysler valiant.Anybody know what these 43 numbers on parts of the underside mean.Australian-American marriages produce lunatic children.Had an old 303 lee in the trunk.

Last edited by boora2; 12-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:06 PM
On Land

Got an update today... my car is built and being shipped!! Awesome!! Talk about perfect timing... I got signed off the ship today... I am on my way home. This gives me time to unwind, get all my ducks in a row, and just wait for the car to arrive!

Then, BURN RUBBER BABY!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Sweet, now you just have to change your user title back again. Oh, and have the car delivery people check for rats.
Audiokarma