Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

50 year ol NOS Nothing with a CRT but dream worthy anyway.

New and used cars going back to the late 40's.
Sometimes urban legends are true.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...160911547.html

WOW!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Man, if only the same storage method were used for "Miss Belvedere". Hopefully all of those vehicles will find appreciative owners. Got to find me a rural Mercury dealership that covered the early 80s...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

i might be going to that auction... not that I could afford anything, but it will be fun to look. Our local news has been covering the "story". I guess the dealer was a tad odd. He was overly concerned about safety, so when the new ones didn't sell, they got parked. He believed that only the NEWEST models had the most up-to-date safety features. I guess when the story broke on the auction, the poor owners had to hire extra security, and have been hounded by callers that want to buy the whole lot without them going to auction.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for posting that, really neat to see it. God bless eccentric people...they're the ones that save stuff like this for us.

About 12 years ago there was a Ford dealer in Southern IL that sold about 8-10 unsold and never titled cars from the 70's and early 80's. They were mostly LTD's and Fairmounts, but they had a '79 Mustang Indy Pace Car that only had around 25 miles on it. They had it in their showroom for years, still had plastic on it.

For several years now I have sought out closed up small town dealers like this and peek in the window to see if I can find a place like that. No luck so far, but rumor is a certain Chevy dealer still in business in a 20's era building won't let anybody on the 2nd floor and that some treasures are hiding there.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

chevys

Love the 65 impala with the 396 big block with only 1 mile on it. No radio crank windows. Nice sleeper.
Audiokarma
Old 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrand View Post
For several years now I have sought out closed up small town dealers like this and peek in the window to see if I can find a place like that. No luck so far, but rumor is a certain Chevy dealer still in business in a 20's era building won't let anybody on the 2nd floor and that some treasures are hiding there.
That reminds me, I once read that the owner of the surviving original 1968 Mustang from Bullitt won't let anyone see it. No idea if that guy still has it, haven't checked in ages.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here's some more info on it....

http://www.kmtv.com/news/local/Vinta...CJseg.facebook
Old 08-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Pretty amazing story... Thanks for putting it up!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:12 PM
electronics packrat

Wow....A '62 Corvair Monza with the window sticker in place, the plastic still covering the seats and 17 original miles on the odometer. That's the one I'd love to have!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Wow I do love this thread
Audiokarma
Old 09-28-2013, 07:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

The auction today.

The History channel is broadcasting todays auction action at 6:00 pm Mountain time today.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

I went to the pre-view on Friday. Totally worth it, but what a clusterf**k!
From Omaha, the highway you take to get there was under heavy construction, and when you rolled into Pierce, there were NO signs, as to where it was even at. We followed the heavies traffic, and there were fields you could park in. ( for $20.00) and shuttle to the field where the auction was. The shuttle drivers were kind of STUPID, and it took forever to get out there. The History Channel kept saying it was a soybean field. It wasn't.... It was the field where he parked all the trade-ins. They cleared out all the trees and must have poured topsoil on top of that. Whoever organized the set up did a FANTASTIC job tho. These cars had been stored in various places, and they were now in one spot to view. The unsold new ones were neat! The doors closed well and you still got that "new car" smell when opening the doors. Cars from the late 50's thru the 80's. I saw a "new" Citation and Chevette. I wonder if the bids went high on those? Some of the unsold cars with NO miles may have NOT been stored in the best conditions. There were a few that looked kind of bad, but you opened the doors and they had 2 miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0676[1].jpg (64.7 KB, 25 views)