Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Cory Heisterkamp

Zenith Punishment Test

Not exactly vintage, but I thought you guys might appreciate this, and it is approx two decades old.
For the past couple years this faux-woodgrain metal cabinet Zenith has served as an outdoor TV intended for watching while trampolining. But it seems more useful as a testament to Zenith

It's taken the brunt of at least 3 snowy winters, rainstorms, hail, and anything else mother nature could toss at it. I snapped this mediocre pict today (5°F) with my SX-70 showing the set still working flawlessly. However it seems some critter ate the entire cone out of the speaker, not a scrap remains.
Interestingly, it has digital tuning and on-screen numbers but ultra-sonic remote, IIRC. And yes, that is a phone booth! LOL
Old 01-26-2003, 10:58 PM
Banned

Cory,

You mean to say this set actually sits out in the rain and snow? That is amazing. You should definitely detail this story and tell it to Zenith, ...if you can find them. They might make your set a celebrity on a TV commercial or something.

Rob
Old 02-11-2003, 04:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cory:
That is amazing! I blew up one tv and a computer monitor just by turning them on after having the doors open all day during a rain storm!
Marlin