Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > 21st Century Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2023, 12:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Older Tablet won't perform a hard reset

Greetings everyone today I picked up from a local computer store a couple of used tablets (an Amazon Fire Tablet, an Insignia 10.1" tablet and an iView 10.1" tablet) and I got the Amazon Fire Tablet up and running using a hard reset (these were previously used tablets) and the Insignia Tablet was bricked (there is no operating system on it currently, but its supposed to be an Android device).

Now for the subject of the thread, the iView tablet is fully functional but it has a lock pattern on it from the previous owners and I'm trying to do a hard reset on the unit so I can get it back to factory settings again (so I can set it up with my own settings) and for some reason whenever I try to do a factory reset (pushing the power button and volume down buttons at the same time), when the Android screen shows up and I let go of the power button to get it to enter "safe mode" the tablet just freezes it doesn't give me the "safe mode" boot menu options like its supposed to, it just freezes on the Android boot screen and that's it.

There is a physical reset button on the side of the tablet but it doesn't do anything in the way of a hard reset, it just performs a "soft reset" (more like what the "reset button" on your PC does when you push it.)

Does anyone have any experience with these iView tablets and if so have you ever heard of one not being able to be hard resetted before, or having the hard reset ability shut off?

How would you go about doing a hard reset on one of these tablets in this situation?

Thanks for your help.

P. S. The model of the Tablet in question is an iView Model # 1070TPC if that helps any and when I've tried to find some information online for how to do a hard reset for this specific model all I saw was videos for how to do a hard reset on other iView tablets and the tablets they were demonstrating on had a completely different button setup than the 1070TPC did.
Old 06-24-2023, 04:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

I take it no one on here has dealt with this particular make and model of tablet before or had an issue with a tablet where the hard reset wouldn't work?
And is this even the correct section of the forum to put this topic under?
Old 06-25-2023, 01:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

I don't know if this will work but disconnecting the battery overnight for a complete power off might be worth a try.this worked for some devices in the past.but I know its not simple to disconnect the battery on a tablet. RonL
Old 06-25-2023, 07:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl View Post
I don't know if this will work but disconnecting the battery overnight for a complete power off might be worth a try.this worked for some devices in the past.but I know its not simple to disconnect the battery on a tablet. RonL
I thought about that myself and did try that and that didn't seem to work, because right after I reconnected the battery the tablet was still setup under the previous owners settings.

The Insignia Tablet I think can be made to work if I can just figure out a way to boot it so that I can install a fresh copy of Android on it, because the original Android operating system configuration got wiped out somehow, because all it does is show the Android boot screen (the initial screen that shows up showing the Insignia logo followed by the words "Powered by Android" and then after that is just continously flashes the Insignia logo with a brightening and dimming pattern like its trying to load something but nothing actually loads, and when I try to boot it into "safe mode" the same thing happens.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

I just gave up on trying to fix up this tablet and just took it back to the computer store I picked it up from, but I did manage to get a good Amazon Kindle Fire out of the deal though!
Audiokarma