Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Home Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Stuck in the past!

My collection so far

After selling everything and starting over again, here's what i have so far:

Last edited by pac.attack76; 07-14-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Nice four-controller Atari 5200. If you ever find the 2600 add-on for the 5200 and you find that it does not work on your machine, that will likely mean that the factory modification for it was not done on that 5200. I remember sending in my Atari 5200 to get that done; I think some or all of the four-controller ones needed it.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 08-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Stuck in the past!

Yeah my last 5200 had the adaptor. Seemed to be more for the 2 port model rather than the 4 unless you do the upgrade. They have a kit for that if you need to use this adaptor on a 4. Never really had a use for it since i always buy a 2600 for my collection which is what i'll be doing again. I've been an Atari nut since the 80's which is where it all started for me. The 5200 was my first real system and thats why its usually a first priority for me while starting a new collection. I definitely want another 7800. Dreamcast is another of my favs. Also getting a PS3 and a PS4. Gotta get a nintendo and super nintendo as well. I like alot of the older stuff. Before i moved this last time, i sold my Super Pac-Man arcade. Not sure if im gonna get back into the cabinets games again or what. Might do it after i get all my consoles and enough games for each.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Old TVs are better!

We had an Intellivision when my boys were growing up. We had the newer model (than yours) with the "speech adapter that you plugged between the unit and the game cartridge. Had lots of games, my favorite was "Bomb Squad" I still remember the speech saying "cut this out first, this second, this third, as the game time remaining started. Wish we would have hung onto it!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Old TVs are better!

Looked at your picture of your Intellivision again, and I guess yours is the same model we had.
Audiokarma
Old 08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Stuck in the past!

Yes mine is the second model. I've had all of them at some point. The first one is longer with brown and gold and the third model referred to as "INTV System III" was the same as the first except it was black and silver with a red led power indicator. I have the voice adapter with original box. My favorite was Tron Solar Sailor. Only voice game i have right now is B17 Bomber. Yyou should hear this one talk, lol.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:39 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

I loved "B-17 Bomber"! We had lots of fun playing that game. Drop a bomb right after your plane takes off and listen to what the announcer says.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 08-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
I loved "B-17 Bomber"! We had lots of fun playing that game. Drop a bomb right after your plane takes off and listen to what the announcer says.
I'll try that.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Stuck in the past!

Not sure what im doing wrong but i tried several time and all it says is "Uh oh, that was not the target".
Old 08-20-2014, 05:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Im an NES and Neo Geo fan.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Stuck in the past!

I had a neo geo some time back but theyre too pricey and most game are fighting games. Nes is always a must in any collection.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
I had a neo geo some time back but theyre too pricey and most game are fighting games. Nes is always a must in any collection.
I had a modded AES System a few years back.
Sold off everything pictured.

I dont own any video game system right now, but did find these 2 mint boxed games recently.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Stuck in the past!

Nice. Bet you made a few bucks too.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Not sure what im doing wrong but i tried several time and all it says is "Uh oh, that was not the target".

You "did it wrong" exactly the way you intended! Basically, dropping a bomb on your OWN country. The voice is very politely saying that.

We used to play that game in "practice mode", or whatever the version is that lets your plane carry a (non-realistic) load of 9,999 bombs or something like that. With that unlimited supply of bombs, my friends and I would just keep flying and flying that B-17 and bombing every target that came in range (some of them twice, if you timed it right!), until we had been shot at so many times that the plane started losing altitude from all the damage. Then, the challenge was to get the plane back over the water to "home" before crashing. Yes, with 9,999 bombs, we dropped a few on our own territory just for the heck of it on the way out. No one ever said we have to behave properly in a video game!