Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:40 AM
roundie not so n00b

Dreamgirls

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, I suggest you go see it just for the fun of seeing vintage TVs.

There are a couple of TK-41s and then the color version of them, and the studio monitors are shown. Some other RCA cameras (if you showed me pictures i could identify them) and a clear view of an RCA color set. I believe it was a blonde wood, not a roundie.

Another idea.....instead of expensive anti-psychotic drugs, let's provide schizophrenics with dummy bluetooth headsets. They'll easily blend into the crowd, although I suspect their "conversations" would be far more rational than those of the typical Wal-Mart shopper.

Ron
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

If you want to see 1950s TVs, watch the movie "Pleasantville". Don Knotts plays a 1950s TV repairman and there are quite a few 1950s Tvs shown.

A couple more movies that contain vintage TVs are "Mars Attacks" and "The Majestic". For some reason, the director of "Mars Attacks" likes old TVs and "The Majestic" is set in the 1950s.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Old TVs in movies

Something that I think is really neat is to watch movies that were actually shot in the 50's and on which TV sets appear. I remember the sci-fi flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still" ( 1951 ), in that movie we can see two Zenith TV sets ( a table model and a console ) in operation. There's also a late 40's/early 50's episode of "The Three Stooges" in which they destroy a console TV set they were hired to install.