Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanAlley View Post
Looks like what's installed are the 121-743 transistors. Do you know which are newer/better?
Are the installed ones bad? If so, then you'll need the kit - I'll have to look them up in my looseleaf Zenith parts guide from 1980.

If they are good, and you want spares for the future, you'll also need the kit.

How did you get 121-868 from 121-743? Sams? A bit of advice - Sams is pretty broad with part numbers vs actual parts. I've got a Sams for a Packard Bell 19" Solid State set that has the same part number for every transistor in the sweep circuits - Wrong! The lesson is this - if it works, let it be. If you need parts, always quote the original part number, and never from Sams. If you had the Zenith CM (service manual), maybe, but never quote part numbers from Sams. Also, post the part numbers here in the forum (classifieds are best) to see what can be had for postage. As Sandy says, we may have a screw loose for wanting to preserve these old TVs, but we have each other's back nonetheless.

I'll report back tomorrow with the replacement info from Zenith.

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Are the installed ones bad? If so, then you'll need the kit - I'll have to look them up in my looseleaf Zenith parts guide from 1980.

If they are good, and you want spares for the future, you'll also need the kit.

How did you get 121-868 from 121-743? Sams? A bit of advice - Sams is pretty broad with part numbers vs actual parts. I've got a Sams for a Packard Bell 19" Solid State set that has the same part number for every transistor in the sweep circuits - Wrong! The lesson is this - if it works, let it be. If you need parts, always quote the original part number, and never from Sams. If you had the Zenith CM (service manual), maybe, but never quote part numbers from Sams. Also, post the part numbers here in the forum (classifieds are best) to see what can be had for postage. As Sandy says, we may have a screw loose for wanting to preserve these old TVs, but we have each other's back nonetheless.

I'll report back tomorrow with the replacement info from Zenith.

Cheers,
Just wanted spares. And yes, I went by Sams. So far it hasn't been wrong except for the three video output transistors. So I have three of the 868s, but no sinks, etc. Not a huge deal as the current ones seem to be fine.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650