Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
What's the full model number? I have a set of Sears microfiche I got from Bryan Gadow that includes 66-92 Vacuums - I probably have a manual for it, possibly an owners manual.....
The full model number is 116.24890. I hope this helps, and it would be nice to have the manual for it.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt89 View Post
It was made by Whirlpool, as mentioned above.
Whirlpool made most of the Sears vacuums in the 60s-80s before selling the line to Panasonic in the late 80s. Panasonic continued to make most Sears vacuums until last year when they sold the line to Cleva, as Panasonic is getting out of the small appliance business in North America.

This machine notes 5011 bags - those are discontinued, but 5033 bags will fit, you can still get them at Sears as type E, but they may not be made anymore, I am not sure on that.
I'm not sure where you got that this vacuum took 20.5011 bags but on the label inside the vacuum housing where the bag goes it actually says it takes 20.5023 bags which when I looked over at Sears Parts Direct they still sold the bags yet and even some other vacuum supply outlets carried them too.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
I'm not sure where you got that this vacuum took 20.5011 bags but on the label inside the vacuum housing where the bag goes it actually says it takes 20.5023 bags which when I looked over at Sears Parts Direct they still sold the bags yet and even some other vacuum supply outlets carried them too.
I looked at the package of spare bags, I have. They're number 20.2055.
I paid a buck for an opened package with 11 left.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I looked at the package of spare bags, I have. They're number 20.2055.
I paid a buck for an opened package with 11 left.
Hmm, maybe you have an older version of my vacuum? Just a guess.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Hmm, maybe you have an older version of my vacuum? Just a guess.
I think, I have that machine in my posession for at least 20 years and it was a few years old at the time.
BTW, are you familiar with a Riccar upright.
Audiokarma
Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think, I have that machine in my posession for at least 20 years and it was a few years old at the time.
BTW, are you familiar with a Riccar upright.
I think so, I've seen them around at the local vacuum shop and at the goodwill where I work at. Why?
Old 03-04-2017, 02:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I think so, I've seen them around at the local vacuum shop and at the goodwill where I work at. Why?
A lady had one in her cart at the local thrift.
She said she wasn't that impressed with her Dyson.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Interesting, I didn't know Whirlpool had a vacuum division and sold it to Panasonic. That explains why all the 80's Panasonic two piece units were so American!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Banned

I didn't know Whirlpool made vacuums either until now, I mostly ever knew about Hoover, Eureka, Kirby, Rainbow, Royal/Dirt Devil, and Electrolux.
I even once saw an old GE Canister Vacuum complete with all of its attachments in the Donation box outside the Goodwill I work at, but the hose connection that connects the hose to the vacuum itself was busted and being held into place with duct tape so it got tossed into the trash compactor and I think the aforementioned GE Vacuum might of been from the late 1950s or early 1960s because the design looked very similar to the old 1950s vintage Filter Queen vacuums, (which by the way there is a complete with all of its attachments and original box Filter Queen Canister Vacuum at one of the local antique stores near me, which I thought about getting it but the booth owner that has it in his booth at the antique mall wants about $300 for it which is way out of my price range).
what's interesting is that the Kenmore Canister Vacuum I have that I had bought for my place soon after I moved in (we didn't have a properly functioning vacuum at my place when I moved in) was one of the Panasonic made ones just shortly before Panasonic sold out its vacuum manufacturing division last year.
By the way the Goodwill I work at has 3 Panasonic upright vacuums for sale currently...
Old 03-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
A lady had one in her cart at the local thrift.
She said she wasn't that impressed with her Dyson.
Interesting... We currently have a first generation Dyson upright vacuum that I use at work to sweep the entryway and the rug in front of the entrance at the Goodwill I work at and it seems to work pretty well for what it is. I also have one of the old pro-grade Hoover Upright vacuums from the late 1970s, early 1980s that was one of the first "bagless" vacuums ever made, it was the commercial grade version of the residential grade vacuum that Hoover made at the time that had a very similar design but different model name, which interestingly enough my parents, and my grandparents both had the same vacuum (my grandmother still has and uses hers whereas my parents got rid of theirs almost 20 years ago when they decided to replace it with an Electrolux canister vacuum).
Audiokarma