Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Tube bug got me 05/2010

Fleetwood model 4068... Advice?

Cleaned out the barn and found an old tube radio and record player there. I'd like to get it working again.
did some background reading, so I know not to plug it in, until I can replace the caps. The tubes look good on first sight- not obviously cracked, and the getter coating is still shiny. It's not an AA5 (has a power transformer) and appears to have seven tubes on first count. This thing also has two output transformers for the speakers.

Hopefully some folks here can help me out with advice for the restoration-
It's a "Fleetwood Stereo Hi-Fi", model 4068. I can't find ANY info or schematics online (tried justradios, nostalgiaair), and a service manual would be wonderful- the dial string is broken and I'm looking for that particular diagram.

Does anyone know anything about this set, or where to get schematics?

Also, someone slapped a coat of ugly brown paint on top, which is now flaking off- any idea what the original finish may have been? I'm tempted to strip and varnish it; the wood underneath looks like a nice fine-grained sort.

Finally, anyone know about the turntable on this thing? I had a look at the cartridge, and it doesn't seem to have a user replaceable needle- was there ever such a thing?

TIA,
VintagePC