Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator

CTC7 on eBay

Harry's selling an "Anderson"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scare-1958-RCA-C...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 PM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Another good looking restore project from Harry poster. Wish I was in the area. I'd love just to go look at it in person.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Bob Galanter

First bid is by a FROG (french) bidder. Lets keep this fine American RCA here in the good old USA. Hope someone here can snipe this away from this guy.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Good luck, he's got deep pockets: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140068185548
Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ah! and they say that "money doesn't bring happiness!"...

Audiokarma
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

i got that exact same hallicrafters i just picked up at school. :-)
Old 02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Bob Galanter

I Placed a bid of $475 but it was rejected because bidder #3 had already uped the price to $630 something. The frog got it at $639. I hate being poor. All the rich guys get the really neat stuff. Guess I will just have to be content with my little B&W sets.

Anybody know who bidder 3 was. It was a good try. Wish he had won it away from the Frog. I hope it costs him big to get it over to Frogland.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 02-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Respect the tube!

I know what you mean. I bid 299.68 on it....really, right now, $300 is as far as I could go since I would have to have it shipped.

And what is this bidder 1, bidder 3 garbage?!? The bay is just getting weirder and weirder.

Just stinks that the frog got it. Oh well, gotta keep on looking.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
<--1956 300B

I bought my CTC 7 off Ebay last year for $30.00. It was listed with a buy it now option of $30.00. I snapped it up ASAP!!! My 21CYP22 was in excellent condition. A week before that I missed another CTC 7 for $5 over my $300 bid. It is nice to see good prices for our sets.

polaraman
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 AM
VK Member

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted
First bid is by a FROG (french) bidder. Lets keep this fine American RCA here in the good old USA. Hope someone here can snipe this away from this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted
Anybody know who bidder 3 was. It was a good try. Wish he had won it away from the Frog. I hope it costs him big to get it over to Frogland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAchild
Just stinks that the frog got it.
There is no need to be angry. You don't know the future. Perhaps the only remaining sets might be in France in some hundred years if the climate collapse will progress. And then the Americans might be proud that a french man had kept one of these unique sets. Who knows?

For example, today many historical relicts and statues from Mesopotamia are saved in the British Museum and we are glad that they are there. If they had been in their original country, they might be destroyed in the Iraq war forever. Therefore: don't be angry.

Eckhard
Audiokarma
Old 02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Personally I'm just glad to see it go to someone who will (presumably) appreciate it and take care of it.

Does anyone know who this French fellow is? Perhaps we should invite him to our little group?

BTW is this the same guy who got Terrys CT-100?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

I agree that we should try to be a little more friendly. Remeber that this web site is open to people from any part of the world. If I was the buyer and I saw those posts I probably wouldn't have bothered sticking around AK. Considering what shipping will cost and the complications of running a foreign TV, he must really want that set.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yes, let's keep it civil, and welcome members from around the world. I recently bought some 1930s radio tubes from Europe. Nobody there insulted me for removing those items from their country of origin, and you can be certain I will preserve them well here -- especially considering how much I paid :-)

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Old 02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
VK Member

I was also one of these foreign guys who obtained an American set. As far as I know, nobody here lamented that a set was going to the Krauts. And so I think AK members shouldn't lament about french interests in early color tv sets.
We have a great forum here with AK with members from all around the world: Italy, Romania, Australia, Belgium and so on. We should keep this forum open for all those from all around the world which are interested in audio, television and radio stuff. And we should cordially affiliate everyone who is interested in keeping these old marvels alive. The community of tv collectors is only a minority all around the world, too small to keep all worthy sets for the future.

Eckhard
Old 02-09-2007, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

We have many French and British sets in our museum, and I'm glad to see that some American sets are finding their way to Europe.
Audiokarma
Closed Thread