Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Got your PM, sorry about the lag....I started a living room repaint and two Admiral 19A11s at the same time and got myself buried!

Figured I might as well answer here, because you never know....someone else in the future might be looking for it too. There's a Victoria model TR650 in Sams 520-16, which would be 1961.....but that's a transistor radio. Any chance there's any more manufacturer info on it?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Tim , Thank You for responding and believe me , I have no problem whatsoever with the time since I posted being only last night and your response . I realize life is a buisy endeavor and I appreciate the help !

So , this was made by "Victorian Electronics LTD. Peoria , Illinois" and is serial number H36626 .

I got the 1963 year from an Ebay listing that was selling the exact same machine and the owner's manual being sold with it said it was a 1963 model . Of course I got mine at a yard sale , minus the manual , microphones , power cord , and any other accessories that may have originally came with it .

Edited to add photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Victorian model 600.jpg (57.0 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by init4fun; 06-22-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Apparently, Sams has a separate tape recorder series....separate from the TV and radio Sams. Unfortunately, don't have any....and I don't see it listed in my Sams index either....
Old 06-22-2016, 01:38 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Tim , Thank You for responding and believe me , I have no problem whatsoever with the time since I posted being only last night and your response . I realize life is a buisy endeavor and I appreciate the help !

So , this was made by "Victorian Electronics LTD. Peoria , Illinois" and is serial number H36626 .

I got the 1963 year from an Ebay listing that was selling the exact same machine and the owner's manual being sold with it said it was a 1963 model . Of course I got mine at a yard sale , minus the manual , microphones , power cord , and any other accessories that may have originally came with it .

Edited to add photo
You need to search Allied and Lafayette catalogs from that era - they sold odd-named audio equipment by the droves. We used to find info that way, or an identical model rebadged as a Lafayette/Concord/Knight/Realistic, etc, that was listed in Sams. Often one manufacturer, many names....

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Apparently, Sams has a separate tape recorder series....separate from the TV and radio Sams. Unfortunately, don't have any....and I don't see it listed in my Sams index either....
Well that's great to know that there were SAMS covering Tape Recorders , now all i gotta do is find one . I do appreciate you taking the time to look and I'll now search for the tape recorder series .
Audiokarma
Old 06-22-2016, 01:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
You need to search Allied and Lafayette catalogs from that era - they sold odd-named audio equipment by the droves. We used to find info that way, or an identical model rebadged as a Lafayette/Concord/Knight/Realistic, etc, that was listed in Sams. Often one manufacturer, many names....

Cheers,
Thank You for the tip Brian , I'll bet this was sold as a few different brands because when I typed reel to reel tape recorder into Ebay's searchbar , I saw a couple that looked like mine but with different names , I'll have to go search them up again and note the different labels .
Old 06-24-2016, 08:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

How about CTC 96 (A) Sams 1870-2?
Thanks.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Motorola Minion

Tim - I have a pretty solid run from 180 to 380 if'n you need some to fill in. I dumped all the ones higher than 1000 a few years ago, a mistake.

If you could scan-email 505-7 for a Magnavox AM-FM preamp, I'd be a happy minion.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
How about CTC 96 (A) Sams 1870-2?
Thanks.
Unfortunately, nothing North of 1496.....
Old 06-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Tim - I have a pretty solid run from 180 to 380 if'n you need some to fill in. I dumped all the ones higher than 1000 a few years ago, a mistake.

If you could scan-email 505-7 for a Magnavox AM-FM preamp, I'd be a happy minion.
You got it! Have it in hand and I'll do it tonight
Old 06-28-2016, 03:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

1121-1 ?
for my moto wid set
Old 06-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Should have it. Drop me a PM with your email address and if I have it I'll scan it in and email it tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

madRad45 still hasn't responded...

Magnavox 19C315-CC, Emerson ECT-1300A (TM0110E), Sears 401.50300900
Old 06-30-2016, 05:44 AM
Administrator

I have 221-7 pulled and sitting on my desk. PM me with your email address and I'll get it scanned and sent. Let me know if you need the whole thing or just certain sections.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Colectorad, I emailed the scan on 06/20 to the address you PM'd to me. Maybe there was some sort of issue, but I did not receive a "bounce" message or anything. Shall I try again? I'll also PM you my direct e-mail.
-Mark
Audiokarma