Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:04 PM
AK Member

quasar flyback needed

Need the power module I guess you would say for a llittle red cube quasar tv I bought. It is chassis lgc115, model no wp2145xr it was made in feb of 85 and they cant get a new one. Otherwise its a neat little set. Gotten on ebay and was supposed to power up the seller said. I have this much in it and may as well go a bit more, I have a guy who can put it in. I since got a working tv like it, and its got great color. Panasonic owned quasar at this time. scottstvshop@yahoo.com nwbie glad to be a part of this group I have about 80 old radios and about twenty five tvs now, no wife lol
Old 05-30-2008, 10:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Have you tried www.electronixonline.com for a flyback? They have a lot of generic flybacks. Also, make sure to check the horizontal output transistor and resolder any loose connections. Those Panasonic/Quasar sets of the '80's were prone to have bad solder connections, especially on the power resistors.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:48 PM
AK Member

Thanks I dont see quasar listed but panasonic is. I should prob try to get some kind of number off the flyback. I had a repair person resolder many bad joints. I am sure some type of generic one could work if I had some kind of conversion chart. I am very limited knowledge wise on these things but sure enjoy them. I have a big rca 21pt178 I think, and a weak raster working setchel carlson plus many of the smaller screened modern tvs. I also would like to get the little rca like the one in my picture going. Recently got a zenith with a semi clear green case you can see all the workings inside its a 2002.