Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Banned

1994 Eiki LC-5000 LCD Projector issues

Hello Everyone today a friend of mine gave me to work on a 1994 Eiki LC-5000 LCD Projector that has a hookup for a computer using a special splitter cable that is a parallel jack on the end that feeds the projector and standard VGA I/O jacks for the video signal from the computer (female VGA Jack for the computer/VGA In VGA Signal and a Male VGA Jack for the Monitor/VGA Out Signal) and anyways when I tried to feed a VGA Signal from my laptop to the Projector using the designated Computer input all I get is an image that looks almost like a TV with a badly adjusted Horizontal Hold and that's it, and I was thinking it might of been the cable (seeing as it looked like there was a package in the bag that this projector came in that was for a replacement computer video jack for this projector that was purchased in 1997 which was 3 years after this projector was purchased brand new which would indicate to me that possibly those computer video jacks that this projector used weren't the most reliable jacks which means this jack may very well of died as well) but I would like to see if anyone on here had any experience with this particular projector and might have an idea as to what's going on with this projector. The guy that gave me this projector to work on wanted me to see if I could get it going so that the youth group in our church could have a projector to hook their computers up to to show videos and stuff on during Sunday School and Wednesday night activities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Levi

P.S. Pictures below of what the projector is doing when being fed a VGA Signal through the computer input jacks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2576.jpg (43.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2575.jpg (38.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Administrator

It looks like the video card of the PC is set to a frequency that the monitor cant handle.

It could just be too old to work with your PC, just a guess?

You might try playing with the video card settings.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Technohippie

Is your source set to a low enough resolution? Try 640x480 VGA.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's what I'm thinking too. 1994 was very early for VGA. try 640x480 at 60 Hz refresh rate.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Banned

I tried that I thought and it didn't seem to help? Also my video card's settings (on my laptop and desktop I tried it on both) didn't go any lower than 1024x768 so if that's the case then probably the computers I have are too modern to work with this video projector (and probably would be too old to work with any of the computers that the kids in the church youth group would want to use) the projector was given to my friend by the AV guy at a camp he works at sometimes helping out with computer related stuff.
I don't know if there's a way to get my video card to go to a resolution lower than 1024x768 or not.
Audiokarma
Old 10-18-2015, 01:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Last edited by andy; 11-20-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:09 AM
Banned

I had forgotten to publish my results last night but it actually was a resolution issue like you guys said, I had to go into the advanced settings of the video adaptor on my computer to get it to display 640 X 480 properly (the minimum the resolution will go on my laptop is 800 X 600 without having to go into the advanced settings, (my desktop is the one that only goes into 1024 X 768 minimum without having to go into the advanced settings).

Thanks for your help, I had informed my friend about what I had found out about the projector so hopefully I can tell him more about it in church today during Sunday School.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well you now know the projector works as intended, which is great especially considering its age. I doubt it would do much good for things like presentations, given the resolution limitations.

However it would be fine for movies. It looks like it has S-Video input, so you could hook it to a DVD player.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX37 View Post
Well you now know the projector works as intended, which is great especially considering its age. I doubt it would do much good for things like presentations, given the resolution limitations.

However it would be fine for movies. It looks like it has S-Video input, so you could hook it to a DVD player.
Yeah, that's what I was telling my friend, I have myself a first generation DVD Player from 1997 that I hooked up to the Projector using the RCA Video jacks and it worked fine with that. Anyways there's a second AV Input jack on the back but it uses a special 21-pin jack that you have to get a special adaptor for to be able to hook up a VCR or something like that up to it with, any ideas as to where one might be able to aquire that special 21-pin adaptor jack? I guess it would adapt to either RCA Style A/V Jacks or it would adapt to a 75 Ohm plug.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Technohippie

Manual available here:

http://www.eiki.com/download/eiki/ei...s%20manual.pdf

Pinout of the 25 pin input connector is on pg 18. You will likely have to make your own HD15 to 25 pin VGA cable.

The 21 pin connector is detailed on pg 23.

Last edited by N2IXK; 10-18-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Audiokarma