Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ugly!

Weird how things happen! So, the CTC-11 is nearly complete, awaiting some tweaks to bring it back to watchable condition. A friend of mine who knew of my CTC-11 project wondered if I wanted another “Roundie”. I said sure, I’d look at it but my criteria for additional roundies are tight: either something blond, or a model older than the 11 I already own.

He found a CTC-9F! I got it home last evening, and I don’t want to start a spew of banter about style, but this thing is ugly! That is my opinion. It’s a “Paterson”, model 210 CK 916. This thing is so ugly; you have to appreciate it for how hideous it looks! Who was the industrial designer who ‘thunk’ this thing up!? I think it was a fantastic find; its odd design appeals to me, walnut cabinet, 3-speaker “Panoramic sound”, safety glass so no cataract to contend with! There are other more “furniture-like” sets that don’t appeal to me at all. I like the traditional, simplistic designs of TV’s and console radios – radios that look like radios, and TV’s that look like TV’s, not TV’s that have that carved up French Provincial look, yuck!

Last edited by WCF720; 01-27-2012 at 10:21 AM.