Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Casio wristwatch camera

Another little early digi gadget from 1999 or so. The Casio WQV3 color wristwatch camera. There was an earlier BW version. I kept it all these years and dusted it off. It wants a Windows 98/2000 computer and I have a Dell laptop from the day. I loaded the program but I could not get the internal IR or the Casio IR dongle to work. I think it is a collision between the internal and external IR's. I gave up on that and pulled out an Acer netbook with Windows XP just to try. It loaded and works. I had to relearn the download sequence but the help pages did the trick. The pic is just an awful 176x144 image size. Color is quite good though in that postage stamp pic. Some light dots from overhead lamps. A single 2032 battery does last for a good length of time. Many timer/calendar functions in the watch. You can upload to the watch also with it's native resolution and framing. No backlight but it is contrast adjustable. If you have one and need the software, message me and I will send it. It should work for the BW version also but that does not have the IR dongle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casio1.jpg (52.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Casio2.jpg (53.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg WQV20220510_001.jpg (5.9 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 05-10-2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

That picture is so terrible I don't even know what you would do with it. Any idea how much these were new?
Old 05-10-2022, 07:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Mine was a gift but I rember a $300/400 neighborhood.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Man that image is rough. That's easily something to make thumbnails for early 2000's websites but the resolution is almost as bad as my Visor's EyeModule camera.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:29 PM
M is for Memory

It might have been useful for private eyes back in the day...Just adjust your fancy digital watch and take a picture and NOBODY will realize what you're doing.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 05-12-2022, 03:04 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Very cool, actually! It would be just fine for basic things like pictures of your fender-bender car accident, or "Here I am with Pete Rose when he was in town", or the knob you need for your Belmont TV set when you visit someone who has one, and so on.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 05-29-2022, 11:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Man that's course little picture. Considering the low resolution the Casio QV-10 was a few years ealier it's actually not terrible seeing that it's in a watch.

What file format are the pictures? Was there actual jpeg compression built into the watch, or was it bitmapped or some proprietary format?
Old 06-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Collector of heavy things

I bought one of these WQV-1CR wristwatch cameras last month at the Kutztown radio show, of all places. It's still in its original box, as is the matching "PC Link Kit". I haven't tried it yet, though I recently picked up an old Dell Inspiron tower PC running Windows 98SE, which may be the perfect computer to test it with. Here is a photo of the WQV-1CR watch in its box:

And here's a photo of the two boxes next to each other:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg casio2.jpg (134.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg casio1.jpg (127.0 KB, 28 views)

Stereo: Pioneer SPEC-4, Pioneer SPEC-1, Kenwood KT-7500, Dual 1219, Nakamichi BX-100, Pioneer PD-M60, Paradigm Studio Monitors
Old 06-13-2023, 09:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

120x120 lol
Old 06-27-2023, 03:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
I bought one of these WQV-1CR wristwatch cameras last month at the Kutztown radio show, of all places. It's still in its original box, as is the matching "PC Link Kit". I haven't tried it yet, though I recently picked up an old Dell Inspiron tower PC running Windows 98SE, which may be the perfect computer to test it with. Here is a photo of the WQV-1CR watch in its box:

And here's a photo of the two boxes next to each other:
You should be good to go with win 98 and a serial port.
Did you get the software drivers with the watch?
Audiokarma