Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA CT-100 Channel Indicator Wheel Repair

Hello to All,

My working CT-100 has a damaged channel indicator disk/wheel. This was discovered last week when frequent channel changes were accomplished during recent maintenance operations by a US CT-100 Guru on the unit.

As the following series of snapshots show, the disk/wheel is not broken (yet) but fragile, and therefore has been removed from active service to protect it from further damage.

I am seeking your help to either:

- Advice to reinforce/repair the original part.

- Eventually offer a complete, structurally solid original part. If exactly the same part was used on other models of RCA TVs, that's fine by me.

Please quote price/payment conditions by PM. I live in France, so please include USPS Air registered delivery.

Thank! you! very much in advance for any help,

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

That same indicator wheel (fitting the KRK-12 series tuners) also came on high-end B&W sets of 1953-55. Some were convex shaped, (probably the 1955 models?)

They show up on eBay now & then, usually for $20 or so.

That one of yours is very interesting since it has the different channel numbering

Charles
Old 02-27-2008, 07:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

There were four blanks in the turret for UHF inserts that were purchased separately. They even came pre-tuned for the UHF channels in your area. Pop out the blank and insert. They drop right in. Mine do not have a number sheet with them though. That may have come with the set.

I am told that the strips are re-tuneable. I think mine are for Ch 31 and 59.

Dave A
Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

The blank inserts were not purchased separately, each set came with all that you needed for your area.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Living The Draper Ethos

I've repaired knobs with broken shafts before. I take a dremel tool with a cutoff disc and cut off the broken shaft, then sand it clean. I find another knob with the same sized shaft and do the same. I reattach the shaft from the donor knob with 1-ton epoxy. It works every time I've tried it.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

jhalphen
I had sent you e-mails on finding one of these..this time i thought i would post directly about where there is one of those channel indicator wheels..if still interested please e-mail me or send a message.
terry