Go Back TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
chipper chipper is offline
VideoKarma Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 209
Crt high voltage probe (meter)

Can somone tell me what type meter is used in these probes, is it like a 0-30 0r 0-40 (dc) MODUTEC MODEL MSQ-DAA-030 flat meter?. thanks
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
Restoring Admiral T2301
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,353
You'll need a micro ammeter. My Pomona HV probe uses two 720 Mohm resistors in series on the HV end.

20,000 volts across 1,400 Mohms results in about 14 uA.
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012, All rights reserved.