Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Is it a four door or two door, pillarless or standard? Love to see more pics when you're able! http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/stati.../dirindex.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1lsemqrpob84a1in4y1f3h8dbm-1_2010-02-17.jpg (48.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Unlike many who were stuck with turkey comas and relatives that you hate , my fiance and I spent time working on our respective projects. I was outside trying to get the Buick to start for the first time in decades. Over the last couple months I've redone quite a bit of the wiring, rebuilt the starter, complete electrical tune up refresh and oiling up the cylinders and a lot of miscellaneous work. Yesterday I changed the oil. The filter in the canister must have weighed a couple pounds. I cleaned the rest of the sludgy goo out of the canister with gasoline and a screwdriver.

Here she is showing off her new whitewall

And all that hard work finally paid off. Yesterday I celebrated a small victory

click the picture to watch the video

Old 11-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

It's ALIIIIIIIIIIVE !! (Cue Oingo Boingo here...)
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
M is for Memory

Reminds me of my reaction when I found a way to jury rig the family lawn mower into starting normially again by putting a furniture clamp on the stop mechanism which had started to over do it's job. Of course there after I had to stop it by pulling the spark plug cap.....

Congradulations!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Man, that's always a great moment!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

That's great, I like those old Buicks. That's the 322?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Yep, 322 Nailhead. I managed to get it running off the fuel pump finally by priming it with a rubber hose and a turkey baster. Had it running for a couple minutes then shut it down as there's no cooling system currently hooked up. The water pump impeller is frozen solid, which I guess was common for these if they've been sitting.

The carb's going to need a minor rebuild, as I had it apart to clean it up and noticed that the accelerator pump diaphragm had a little dry rot. I wanted to see if the car actually ran before I did that and the water pump.....after all, with a car that hasn't been run in 30 plus years, you never know what happened to cause it to get parked.

Currently, the master cylinder is on the bench, and I have a couple of the inner door panels off. They used this crappy cardboard under the vinyl as a backing, so I'm taking all the vinyl and chrome moldings off, and, using the cardboard as a template, making new pieces out of bathroom wallboard. It's coming out nicely, I'll show pics when it's done
Old 11-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Here's some more pictures

Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
sampson159

does anyone remember a video jay leno made with a 55 roadmaster?it was rocking like a boat,and the grille had a huge set of teeth.he was following a riceburner getting ready to eat it up!funny stuff.a 1955 buick roadmaster,a real car!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Banned

awsome old buick man!! when i was a kid , in high school i had a thing for old 50s cars. i had a mint green 1955 pontiac starchief 4 door in cherry condition, and a 1954 buick roadbastard 2 door rustbucket basket case, that ran sometimes lol i just tend not to talk about my old cars much cause its a soar subject for me. i rolled the 55 pontiac doing 110 mph and totaled it, when i was 16, and barley got out alive. the 54 roadbastard was such a mess i just left it on the side of the road one day when the engine threw a rod. i have some old pics someware, and ill dig them out and post them if i can find them.
Audiokarma
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Banned

heres one of me in my 55 pontiac, when i was 16, back in 2000. it was my first car.
this pic was taken about a week before the wreck

me and my best friends, with my 55 pontiac. the 2 guys are both dead now. one from a car crash in 2005, the other drug overdose in 2007

Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

btw im the guy in the white shirt.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:08 AM
Administrator

I used to hang with a group of guys back in the early 90s, I think there were 7 or 8 of us....all motorheads. I used to work at the local auto parts store when I was in college, which is where I met them.

Three of them are dead.....one guy was cut in half by the front axle of his F350 when the scissor jack that he used out of his sister's Toyota to jack up the whole front end, broke. Two more got killed when they crashed a borrowed Corvette into a tree at 120 mph. One more went to jail for stripping a car that was outside his apartment, and carrying the parts right up piece by piece.

I kind of drifted away from them before all of that, when I saw things with their lives going in directions that I didn't want to go......
Old 11-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Banned

sounds firmilier. the guy in the blue camo shirt next to me was my best friend of 10+ years. he and his brother with another good friend of mine hit a tree going 120 in there 1995 camero, all 3 killed instantly. christmas eve 2005. half of my neighborhood and myself, never really got over it. the other guy, with the girl down in the front, ended up turning into a fuul blown heroin addict, like myself, and died of a overdose in 2007, ironicly wile i was in rehab for heroin after my 2nd OD that should have killed me. ive been sober since june 3, 2007. after i got out of rehab i moved to south florida and never looked back.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

So what's the plan with the car, are you going to repair what's broken, paint it, and drive it?? Or take it apart, and rebuild it from the ground up?

I'm fixing up a '69 F-250 right now, but taking the first approach... I haven't got the patience or the money to do it "properly".

That era of GM vehicles have got to be some of the best looking cars ever made, and yours is enviably straight. Nice car!
Audiokarma