Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Digi TV at CVS

Saw a 3.5" digi portable at CVS today. Asked the price out of curiosity. $29.95 if you have a CVS discount card which I have. $100 off the reg price. Very low res on the screen and only good near the xmtrs but it fits the shirtpocket. Li battery built in. OTA only. Stick antenna only. No inputs of any sort. Just for fun.

No hope of signals here in the sticks. I will scan it tomorrow in Phila near the xmtrs.

Last edited by Dave A; 12-18-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: text
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

A few months ago I picked up a "Haier" 7" DTV at Big Lots for $39. Picture too contrasty no matter what setting, but I can tolerate it, it will work when power goes out on internal battery or external 12V, and picks up all the OTA stations hooked up to an outside antenna. The little whip that came with it, forget that, I'm too far from the source.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

CVS also has a little DVD- digital tv, and a Craig 17" tv/monitor. They want $139 for the Craig. It's tempting.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
A few months ago I picked up a "Haier" 7" DTV at Big Lots for $39. Picture too contrasty no matter what setting, but I can tolerate it, it will work when power goes out on internal battery or external 12V, and picks up all the OTA stations hooked up to an outside antenna. The little whip that came with it, forget that, I'm too far from the source.
I'm in the same boat; I am forty miles from the Cleveland TV transmitters, so that small whip antenna on the Haier 7" DTV would be worse than useless for all stations. I might--might--be able to pick up a so-so image from a translator about ten miles from here, but that would be about all.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

The whip attaches to a standard F connector on the Haier TV. Today I got it out (good time to discharge and recharge the battery pack) and hooked it to a discone scanner antenna I have up about 20 ft on a pushup pole. Works great! I didn't verify all the low power stations but it receives the majors quite well.
Audiokarma