Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

What keeps me going...

My homebrew projects keep me interested. The attached pics are my little 6AG7/6L6 transmitter that I use with either my NC-57 or RME-45 receiver. It was fun to build and every QSO is rewarding, even the boring ones, LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0030.jpg (67.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0029.jpg (62.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob91343 View Post
That's like saying you won't browse the Internet because there is spam. Ham radio is what you make it, not what it is. You can form groups, hunt DX, play with electronics, fool with antennas, work on modulation or propagation theory, and so on and on. Or just jabber nonsense - politics, religion, history, you name it. There are nets that specialize in AM, in Collins Radio, in maritime operations, message handling, CW practice, and the list seems never to end.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
You're right. Can't argue that.

My last really active period was doing message handling, I was a local 2 meter relay for MARS back in the days of the Gulf War, bringing messages to local families from the troops. It was a very rewarding experience.

Maybe it was because my entire ham experience has been limited to the 2 meter band.....
Old 03-28-2014, 12:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have stopped using 2 meters because of the crap that goes on there. I have restricted my operations to HF and frankly have had an immense ball. I have worked over 300 countries. I even decided to put up a second tower for the WARC bands. The fun is limitless for me; You can usually find me on 20 meters, CW or SSB, but I go everywhere in HF, all modes. And I don't cheat; I don't run high power on 30 meters, for instance, as I am sure others do. No need to cheat when you can have all this fun.

I also don't use profanity and don't talk religion or politics. You don't make too many friends that way.