Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Eckhard
You are welcome. I checked out your Telefunken sets on your site. The sets have a vary good picture on them. You do good work.
I had a vary high tempture and the doc gave me some pills, And I had a bad reaction to them. I am all better now. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:53 AM
VK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundscreen
Eckhard. turn the set on and run it for 45 min. The heat from the coil may break the core loose. I do not think you should put any oil on the coil. It may destroy it.
Hot flyback, adjusting the core of the linearity coil for the lowest honizontal current:
This weekend I have removed the chassis again and turned the set on. The coil remained cool, even after one hour and I couldn't turn the core inside it. Then I tested different cores from other sets, inserting into the empty space of the linearity coil. With the best core I could reduce the horizontal current from 220 ma down to 180 ma. I have fixed the core with some adhesive in this position, so it could not drop down and I can adjust the core later.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

Eckhard
How did you remove the stuck core and When you adjusted the current to 180 ma what did it do to the picture? I was suprised to hear that the coil was not even getting warm.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:11 AM
VK Member

Quote:
Eckhard
How did you remove the stuck core and When you adjusted the current to 180 ma what did it do to the picture? I was suprised to hear that the coil was not even getting warm.
I didn't remove the stuck core but inserted an additional core. I found that it works while trying to turn the stuck core with a screwdriver, every time when I inserted the screwdriver into the coil the horizontal current decreased. But the stuck core remained in its fixed position.
I took the second core from a coil of the flyback unit of a newer solid state tv set. The picture width didn't change but it was clear visible that the horizontal linearity changed. I have to adjust the convergence tonight again.
Beside the core into the coil, I added the horizontal drive regulation circuit of the ctc-7 schematics. With it I can adjust the overall horizontal drive and the high voltage currents at the 6BK4.
BTW: the 21AXP22A has a really strong emission on all three guns. Before three weeks Steven Kissinger visited me, together with Ingo Kubbe. Ingo has a RCA crt meter and we measured the crt. All three guns have 100 percent emission, even the red gun.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Eckhard
Man, You are one smart dude. I am going to take a look at the ctc7 schematic so I know what you are talking about. The ctc7 is one set I would like to get my hands on. When you inserted the additional core did the coil start to get warm?
The picture does look nice and bright on your set so I figured the crt was good.
But to have at 100 percent emission on the red gun is even better. On my 21axp crts the red is the weaker of the guns. The meter on the life test goes down faster than the green and blue, But there is still a lot of life in them. The ctc5e set has a 21fbp glass crt in it. The other 2 sets have a 21axp in them. One is a rebuild and the other is original.
Audiokarma
Old 06-14-2005, 12:56 AM
VK Member

Quote:
Eckhard
Man, You are one smart dude. I am going to take a look at the ctc7 schematic so I know what you are talking about.
Here are the changes I did. The colored parts mark the additional parts. Last night I watch tv with the ctc5. The flyback remained cool after half an hour and was getting warm after one and a half hour, but not so hot that I couldn't touch it. That's ok.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thank you.
I am going to do this to my set. I will return the horz section back the way it was and then add this to the circuit to see what happens. I may even try to add a core to the lin coil. The ctc5e has been working well, But this will work even better.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:42 AM
VK Member

Take a soldering strip for the adding circuits. It is easy to remove later if you wish to restore the original condition. And you can easily fix the strip under the chassis.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Here are some screen shots I took of the ctc5e in march.
The set was on rabbit ears so they may not look that good.
My old dvd burned out so I bought a new one. {you get what you pay for}
The new dvd has a setting for the pal system and I thought that was cool and it puts out a great picture. When I update my pictures on this program you will see the dvd. Philips brand.