Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:56 AM
cerwin vega bass head

which ones to look out for?

whats up, thought about getting into vintage tv's after i saw a beautiful mahogany armoir set with built in radio and tt, and i dont know much about tv's at all (practically nothing). so, what are the best ones too really look out for? the one i saw i beleive was a magnavox and the mahogany was in excellent shape, had that beautiful deep grain with an unmatched shine to it, and underneath the cabinet doors was a cool lookin tiny round screen and the radio and tt, also, where can i find some info on these nice sets, i did a google search and nothin really turned up, somke of these sets look really neat and im just drawn to the beauty of the giant mahogany ones,really stunning looks, would look awesome in the den , later, G
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Banned

Hi G
Basically anything old is worth saving/restoring. The most valuable things are usually as close to original without anything ever having been done to them. Often times cleaning something can greatly reduce value. You should go through the many related threads/posts here at Audiokarma and you will learn alot. Try to contribute something along the way.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

That Magnavox sounds promising. In general, old TV sets are all pretty collectible until you get up to the 21" sets of the mid-fifties. There is nothing wrong with those, just that so many have survived that there is a glut of them. Hey, if you like something, it's the right one! There were so many different makes, models & styles of TV sets made that it is impossible to catalog every one. Some are easier to work on, some are better built, some are very unique. Lots of answers here to any question you might have about them.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:20 PM
cerwin vega bass head

thanks for the replys , ya, some of these sets are just amazing, ya, im always lurking around the ak pages,lol,(as time permits) ive been a big audio guy my whole life but am now just getting into tv's, thanks for the replys, later, G