Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:05 PM
rp2813

I exercise my 1950 Admiral 10" bakelite consolette maybe once a week. Sometimes it's on for less than 1/2 an hour, sometimes I end up watching it for the better part of the evening. It has DC restoration/retrace issues that I'll eventually take care of but it's not worth the trouble right now. It's in the guest bedroom hooked up to a VCR for remote control purposes. I need to make a pedestal for it because watching it from the bed you can only see the upper 1/2 of the screen.

I get a lot more than the little white dot when I shut this one down. If the lights are all out it will go on for about 30 seconds or more with little flickers of light in different "corners" of the screen. I find myself not leaving the room waiting to see how many flickers I'll get out of it. Kind of gives the effect of faint and distant flashes of lightning.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

The only one that gets any use is my 23" color Zenith in my tv shop. I turn it on when i go in there and off when i leave. It has some demod xfmr issues (typical to these) but i mostly just listen to it.Got the buzz pot tweaked just right(need to touch up the quad coil but it ain't got on my nerves enough yet).