Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

alignment does not go off as far as the coils are concerned unless there has been screw driver drift. I would look somewhere else. Clearly the beat pattern is prob from miss tuning of the fine tune adjustment. the other is some kind of interference.

I assume you are using some kind of RF devise for the signal, is that the same as the early example? If RF try a different channel if that is an option. Assuming you have matching transformers and good quality cable for feeding the signal.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 AM
Restoring an admiral c322

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
alignment does not go off as far as the coils are concerned unless there has been screw driver drift. I would look somewhere else. Clearly the beat pattern is prob from miss tuning of the fine tune adjustment. the other is some kind of interference.

I assume you are using some kind of RF devise for the signal, is that the same as the early example? If RF try a different channel if that is an option. Assuming you have matching transformers and good quality cable for feeding the signal.
I'm using a BT modulator. It has that horrible hum when the modulation is too high, but my other two roundies don't have the overmodulation hum in their speakers and for some reason only the 4 is humming. The fine tuning knob only turns about an eighth of a turn before I lose sync. It was originally hooked up to a dtv converter box.

Admiral C322C2 Regent (Restoring)
RCA CTC-7 Pensbury (Restored)
RCA CTC-5 Westcott (Restored)
CRA CTC--4 Director 21 (Restoring)