Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Motorola Minion

Dealing with the cold

Unlike some of the west coast guys and southerners, we are driven into basements and other heated spaces from un-heat-able garages and barns, etc. Our gray pud-tat still keeps the mice out of the garage , so I have his box triple insulated and at a window to catch sun-heat and take him fresh water and food 2X a day.

I just got done with a pair of RCA CTC16' color chassis, which I set up a jig for on a solid basement stone laundry sink. I have a 4-foot fluorescent light above it at the a wall, where the schematics hang for quick note-taking.

Heat is from a dryer 6 feet away and I do the laundry as an excuse to be down there . The dryer is a electric 1964 Montgomery Ward Signature that has a flip-down lint filter door along its bottom to divert damp warm air into the room instead of the 4" metal vent out the basement window. Its the basement so I could care less about lint blowing around too.

Unfortunately the older, fat indoor cat ignores mice incursions, so I have to set traps.

Do not try this with a gas dryer because it needs to vent the products of combustion outdoors.