Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Dead from the neck up

Our current collections

I am questioning if this should be in the BW forum.

Here's my current collection. I am only listing tube sets since I have few SS ones.

BW:

Andrea CVL-16. Restored.

Admiral 17" metal portable (50's). Just scored, not restored.

RCA 14" metal portable with UHF. Restored.

RCA 8" red personal portable. not restored.

Hallicrafters 16" console. SAMS 124. Mine uses a glass rectangular CRT. restoration in progress, but stalled due to lack of cash.

Sylvania 17P11. 17" metal portable. Restored, but needs some work. The PC board had lots of bad solder joints. There are a couple of balck beauty caps still there since I couldn't get replacements locally.

Philco 50T-1403. Not restored and in need of a CRT. Some idiot broke the tube as it sat at an antique flea market. It is also missing the tuner knob.

Philco 14 " metal portable. Did slow start, but found hack repairs. Will complete when I can get a print. The model number was gone and I found it from Tom Genova's site. An eSnipe listing confirmed it.

Stewart-Warner 12" round tabletop. Will get a proper resto. I did get it working before I figured out that a variac is a good thing (no, nothing hideous happened).

Zenith 21" metal tabletop. In my mother's basement. Worked but will get a proper restoration.

ROUND TUBE COLOR (all my sets use the 21FJP22)

RCA CTC-16. I corrected several hack repairs and scored a CRT socket not long ago. This is going to my current location next time I go north (I need another floor model to set portables on).

Sylvania D-01. Worked somewhat, but nothing a recap won't fix.

Zenith mid 60's roundie. I don't remember the chassis number. This worked well, but I will slow start it (filters were replaced at one time after I got the set) and replace the rest of the caps.

Silvertone Round color combo. Radio worked as found. TV works, but will get recapped. The thermistor for the degausser was gone, so I bypassed it. When I restore this, I will do it right. The turntable is ruined, possibly from someone trying to "fix" it. The CRT's red gun was tired, so I swapped the CRT (I still have the dud).

RECTANGULAR TUBE COLOR:

RCA CTC-38. Mine uses the current RCA logo. I have not done anything with this set.

Who all is going to the ETF swapmeet? I am.