Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hickok Model 532 Tube Tester-1947

As always, I have TOO MUCH STUFF sitting around and stuff like this needs to be used. This tester is in nice condition for it's age. I painted the metal case a couple of years ago to stop some surface rusting. It is missing one knob, but any old radio knob gets the job done. The tester works great and is a mutual conductance tester which a lot of Hickoks' were being the Cadillac of tube tester companies. Certain models command a very high price these days like my 6000A which I am lucky to have. I knew this old junk would be worth something one day!

Anyway, I think any working Hickok tester is worth $150 just as a tool for anyone restoring old radios or early TVs. I have the user manual for this unit which helps a lot. Trades are considered. I would like to have a good quality, working VTVM, and I am interested in old tuning eye capacitor testers. I have a Heathkit C-3 now, but I want one of higher quality and in proper working order. Drop me a line....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hickok532from1947.jpg (22.4 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Tubejunke; 11-08-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Manual
Old 11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wow! Zero interest. And a Hickok. I'm just surprised as I have 5 tube testers and (to me) Hickok is the best quality AND selling like hotcakes on Ebay. Perhaps the large size is a pitfall with this one. It is huge for a tube tester indeed. My Sylvania of the same vintage is much more portable, but is not a mutual conductance tester.