Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-05-2023, 09:46 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Repeating that you are getting this message does not help anyone help you. Please answer the question of exactly what steps you are using to access VideoKarma.
Old 03-06-2023, 12:32 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Jeff, are you still here? Are you going to help us diagnose your problem or just leave in silence?
Old 03-07-2023, 04:48 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Jeff just ignore the message!!!

Its scare mongering........ This site is NO LESS SECURE than it ever was!!
Old 03-31-2023, 06:48 PM
DTV blows

Guys, today March 30, 2023 is the first time in about a full year that I've been able to access this site with any browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome). Before this I would just get a placeholder page saying something about yes, you have reached the server. Does anyone know what happened?
Old 04-01-2023, 12:01 AM
M is for Memory

Strange. I've never that problem. The closest thing was one day a couple of months ago when they were doing server maintenance and all I got was the homepage saying that the server was too busy...That issue went away in a day. Did you try from a different computer or device when you were having the issue?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 04-01-2023, 10:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

I haven’t encountered any hiccups with the site lately and I’ve been using Brave/Safari on my IPhone and Firefox on the laptop. I can even upload pics from the phone just fine.
Old 04-02-2023, 10:02 PM
DTV blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Strange. I've never that problem. The closest thing was one day a couple of months ago when they were doing server maintenance and all I got was the homepage saying that the server was too busy...That issue went away in a day. Did you try from a different computer or device when you were having the issue?
Yes, I did. I tried from my phone as well as the computer at work. Same thing. My ID nor password were changed. As soon as AK updated their server a couple of days ago, I got access here at VK.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
Guys, today March 30, 2023 is the first time in about a full year that I've been able to access this site with any browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome). Before this I would just get a placeholder page saying something about yes, you have reached the server. Does anyone know what happened?
We've had access the whole time.

But as an IT person, I will say this, the server software is old. The DNS entries are a bit "off" (which might have been your problem, DNS related to the strange entries I see), along with no HTTPS support whatsoever but browsers never ditched non HTTPS, they just issue a small warning and that's the end of it, but some people are running into weird persistent warnings as well while others aren't.

I think VK needs to check their DNS, something's not right, because www.videokarma.org and videokarma.org are *not* the same, even though they are the same (that's the misconfiguration, www.videokarma.org always works, but if you don't use the www. portion, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but you can be logged into www.videokarma.org, and go to videokarma.org and it treats you like you're signed out even though it's the same site, also a DNS issue causing the cookies not to be pulled (usually not entering www. should forward you to the www. version but they have no such redirector which is why sometimes you also get signed out clicking on links here when a link goes to the non www. version). (You can see this effect here in my screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/a8bKGU8.png This is the only site I've seen which behaves this way and it's always a DNS issue so I bet there lies the issue in why some people have issues while others keep not having a single issue).

(PPS: nslookup will show videokarma.org does have www. as an alias, however usually we use redirectors to prevent issues, there is no such redirector, it's setup as an alias which is part of the issue, that's the old way but with websites like this that use cookies for login information you can't use an alias you must use a redirector or the cookies will fail to load entirely).

Last edited by lnx64; 04-03-2023 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2023, 09:56 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Lightbulb

Yup it looks at the cookie differently...

If you login to www.videokarma.org you will need to RE-LOGIN if you goto http://videokarma.org (No WWW)