Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

Radio Identity!

Our fellow V-K poster and WARCI member Jim Menning, Identified a radio on the Shorpy Historical Photo Archive, dated Nov. 10, 2018.
It's a Silvertone 4567, built in 1937. It's a 5 tube transformer set using UX base tubes, per N/A. A better set, considering the scroungy joint it's in.
A few of the posters were wondering if the radio is playing Banjo music. If so, they're out of there!
They were referring to the movie "Deliverance".
As an electrician, I always look at the electrical wiring. No codes followed there.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Shorpy radio: http://www.shorpy.com/node/24045#comment-209325

Old 12-09-2018, 09:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am a member of the Antique Fan Collectors Association (hence my username vortalexfan, which is a pun using the name of a type of fan that General Electric made between 1938 and 1963 called the Vortalex or the Super Quiet Fan also known as and the fact that I am a fan of Vortalex fans) and on that site we always use photos from Shorpy's to try and find antique fans of either the ceiling mounted variety, the tabletop variety or the pedestal variety.

Its quite interesting what can be found in these old shorpy images...
Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
I am a member of the Antique Fan Collectors Association (hence my username vortalexfan, which is a pun using the name of a type of fan that General Electric made between 1938 and 1963 called the Vortalex or the Super Quiet Fan also known as and the fact that I am a fan of Vortalex fans) and on that site we always use photos from Shorpy's to try and find antique fans of either the ceiling mounted variety, the tabletop variety or the pedestal variety.

Its quite interesting what can be found in these old shorpy images...
On a similar note, a few days after there is a picture that shows a tenant farmer family showing them listening to, what I think is a Philco 60B.