Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

My radios.

I have quite the collection of radio's though not pictured in this album is the home made SDR on my computer. I don't see them as special though as a real transceiver, since they are just receivers.

Anyway, my office has TYT TH-9800, my HT is a UV-5R (of course it is, it was my first HT but now it's grown into being a decent daily driver, until I upgrade it to something better). My car has a Yaesu FT-2900R.

While I am General class, I don't own any HF radio's (well the TH-9800 has some "limited" HF, but FM only), as I got my radios when I still had a job. Since being mostly self-employed, I haven't had enough money to get anything new.

https://imgur.com/a/poO3lWC
Old 07-10-2020, 10:36 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
I have quite the collection of radio's though not pictured in this album is the home made SDR on my computer. I don't see them as special though as a real transceiver, since they are just receivers.

Anyway, my office has TYT TH-9800, my HT is a UV-5R (of course it is, it was my first HT but now it's grown into being a decent daily driver, until I upgrade it to something better). My car has a Yaesu FT-2900R.

While I am General class, I don't own any HF radio's (well the TH-9800 has some "limited" HF, but FM only), as I got my radios when I still had a job. Since being mostly self-employed, I haven't had enough money to get anything new.

https://imgur.com/a/poO3lWC
I have a Baofeng UV-5R+ HT as well, which I am still trying to figure out (still haven't been able to set the repeater offset properly yet--oh well, one of these days!) I also have an Icom IC-22AT 1.5-watt HT (my so-called "daily driver") that seems to work very well through the local repeater, N8BC/R, 147.81/21, which is about five miles from my apartment. (I am a member of the Lake County, Ohio ARA and have been since 1987.)

I am trying to reinstall my Echolink software on the computer (it was completely erased when I had my system in for repairs last month); I'd have had it going by now if not for a problem getting a password for the software. Oh well (again), I am sure one of these days I'll get it going as it should; after all, it can't be that difficult to find the password for the software, which is the only thing stopping me from using EL with the computer at this time. In the interim, I am checking into the local 2m net through N8BC/R 81/21.

I am also General class and have been licensed almost continuously since June 1972 (was off the air 11 months between upgrades from Novice to Technician, but have been continuously licensed from my Tech days to now). I enjoy this hobby immensely after 48 years and would not dream of giving it up now.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 07-11-2020 at 07:26 PM.