Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ikegami, Sony and other odds and ends found

I picked up a Craigslist ad for someone who was clearing out a relative's storage locker. Apparently in the early 2000's they were experimenting with video and they still had a Sony DXC-327 with the studio back, an Ikegami ITC-730A with the studio viewfinder, a sound mixing board, a Sony VO-5600 Umatic machine and a Panasonic NV-8030 time lapse VTR. He said he might still have some of the cables deeper in the locker and he would get back to me.

The Sony worked as soon as I dropped a battery into it but the video ripples like it needs a recap. The Ikegami I have absolutely nothing for (and someone stole the Anton Bauer battery mount off it) but recently someone figured out how to persuade it to output 15khz RGB and 3D printed some connectors AND I ahve a complete pinout for the connectors unlike those two Hitachi's I have. The mixing board seems to work but has AC hum and the VTR is immaculate with its manual and warranty card but I don't have any 1/2" tape to test it with. Mechanically it seems a lot more willing to work than the VO-5600 which needs a few belts.

You know, if I had the space at this point, between this and the other odds and ends in my own storage unit there should be enough now to operate a TV station.

Last edited by MIPS; 02-08-2021 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had to fabricate a tripod mount so I could service the Ikegami but after some minor lens focus tweaks and a smoke test aside from a slight green convergence it looks fine.

Old 03-29-2021, 05:45 PM
I love old stuff

Oh... what a great find. I'm not too much in business, so I don't know what to say more.
Yesterday I went to a musem and they bought there for exhibit some old television equypment. When I will take pictures, I will open a topic (thread) here.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Would you be interested in selling your Ikegami ITC-730?

Dave Edsall
Old 05-04-2022, 03:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Brings back memories. I worked on a lot of DXC327'S AND NV8030 time lapses. Getting new rubber for the time lapse will be a challenge.Hopefully you know how to resister that old Ikey. I like the rackable RS audio mixer, didn't know they had that stuff.

I'm considering selling an old Sony DXCM7 and A UVW100. Still deciding.

Last edited by djski; 05-04-2022 at 03:46 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-04-2022, 01:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwe22 View Post
Would you be interested in selling your Ikegami ITC-730?

Dave Edsall
Preferably not, Dave?
It's part of a collection. This along with several other cameras, switchers, tape machines, mixers, microphones and other various bits and pieces completed sourcing the major components for a small television studio.

I need to find another reel or two of tape for the Panasonic before I write over my "mystery tape" I'm working to recover but mechanically it checks out so far. Counter advances, both reels hubs are responsive to the controls and compared to the Portapak hey look! The drum spun up without having to dig into anything!