Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:36 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

I was spoiled by 25V, can't go back now.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:46 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan
I don't like change!
No not when its worse and 99% of the time,IT IS!!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 03:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Yeah, and they don't think to turn their phones sideways so the "film" will display properly on anything else. Actually they don't think period.

I guess we practice "defensive consumerism". It's the same sort of thing as defensive driving, just keep in mind anyone around you is likely to be an idiot and be on your guard.
Yes This is one major issue that I have with people using smartphones for video.I call it "Narrowvision".

There are probably 1000s of tutorials on YT about how to shoot videos with your cellphones.Probably the same group of people that dont know how to transfer videos from VHS/Betamax tapes to digital.Those are where they only have one channel with audio.Apparently they dont know what a "Y" splitter is.Nevermind the low or too high audio level.With most capture programs .That can be fixed.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:21 AM
Administrator

Next to the sign in box is a drop down of settings, at the bottom is a link to "restore old Youtube"

Perhaps that puts it back to the way it was, I didn't try it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldyoutube.jpg (23.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 09-04-2017, 03:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
I see people all the time less than half my age still saying they "taped" or "filmed" something on their phone. Where you you put the tape or film? Is there a special slot for that? Where do you buy smartphone tapes or film anyway?
They probably picked it up from their parents or Facebook.
NYC WCBS Channel 2's Warner Wolf." Lets go to the videotape"

https://youtu.be/cjkLbXgSsaM?t=33

One of those one sided audio channel jobs.
Audiokarma
Old 09-04-2017, 03:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Next to the sign in box is a drop down of settings, at the bottom is a link to "restore old Youtube"

Perhaps that puts it back to the way it was, I didn't try it.

Thanks Eric.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
I see people all the time less than half my age still saying they "taped" or "filmed" something on their phone. Where you you put the tape or film? Is there a special slot for that? Where do you buy smartphone tapes or film anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
They probably picked it up from their parents or Facebook.
I once read that my generation is the last one whose pictures were not taken by a cell phone. It annoys me to no end when someone whips out a phone to show me pictures; fortunately it rarely happens because I'm very choosy about my company. At a course I was taking a couple of years back one of my teachers had a cell phone "just for emergencies" if I recall correctly and opted out of internet access. Smart girl I thought.

Unfortunately the "Restore old Youtube" link does not change the logo. However, in either case, in the channels section on the YouTube home page, the TV shows logo still has rabbit ears.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I once read that my generat5ion is the last one whose pictures were not taken by a cell phone. It annoys me to no end when someone whips out a phone to show me pictures; fortunately it rarely happens because I'm very choosy about my company. At a course I was taking a couple of years back one of my teachers had a cell phone "just for emergencies" if I recall correctly and opted out of internet access. Smart girl I thought.

Unfortunately the "Restore old Youtube" link does not change the logo. However, in either case, in the channels section on the YouTube home page, the TV shows logo still has rabbit ears.
Just for emergencies.Not any more.Everyone's brother and sister owns one including the kids.Pretty soon their pets will have one.95 percent of the chat on them is bull crap.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:36 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Yeah, and they don't think to turn their phones sideways so the "film" will display properly on anything else.
I took pictures of the giraffes at the zoo. They ordered a dozen 80x10's.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Just for emergencies.Not any more.Everyone's brother and sister owns one including the kids.Pretty soon their pets will have one.95 percent of the chat on them is bull crap.
I don't have one, and this teacher was a very intelligent, no-nonsense type of person with better things to do so I don't think she would have killed time or brain cells using a cell phone unnecessarily. By the way she was a single parent so I can see why she'd feel the need to keep one on hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
I took pictures of the giraffes at the zoo. They ordered a dozen 80x10's.
Scorch!
Audiokarma
Old 09-05-2017, 08:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I don't have one, and this teacher was a very intelligent, no-nonsense type of person with better things to do so I don't think she would have killed time or brain cells using a cell phone unnecessarily. By the way she was a single parent so I can see why she'd feel the need to keep one on hand.

Scorch!
I have a simple Tracfone.I keep it on the side in the car and keeping toll call charges off my land line bill.I would like to find a used smartphone to just use the camera section for concerts since the image is not that bad.Less bull crap worrying to get a regular camera into the shows.I just upgraded my YT to do live video streams.I could use the smartphone for that.