Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
joe_tbird

A happy ending.

The saga of the "no picture distorted sound" Motorola has a very happy ending. The set has just come back from the local shop today and it's back in perfect working order. It did require a fair amount of work--included in the list of what was done was rewiring the deflection yoke and the focus, replacement of a few tubes in the sound section (didn't say which one), and the replacement of a few resistors that were out of spec. The pilot light on the channel tuner was even replaced.

I ran it for about an hour tonight, and the set is working fine. The darn thing sure is heavy, but hopefully I won't have to take it anywhere for a while now. The guy who worked on it is in his 70s, and I'm lucky to find somebody close by who's willing to work on it. Now I think I should start learning more about doing more than swapping tubes, since I don't think this guy will be around forever. Plus, it'll save my back having to carry it down the stairs again.

Joe