Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Looking For Time

Dumont Club 20

On a sleepless night recently I found my self searching through eBay and found a Dumont Club 20 with a BIN. I almost hit the BIN button but thought I'll sleep on it and if the set was there in the morning I'd go for it and worry about how to get it home later. Well it was still there in the morning so I went for it. The seller knew nothing about antique television so the 20BP4 was a roll of the dice. I thought for the price I'd take a gamble.

The set came from this house in a town called Croton-On-Hudson, NY.

The house (which was known as Hudsonview) was owned by the International Ladies Garment Workers Union: Local 91, and was used as a retreat. They owned the house from 1944 until 1966 so they would have been the original owner's of the Club 20. Set set was hidden behind the credenza on the left side of this picture inside a closet with a movable wall. Who knows how long it sat dormant in that hidden closet.

Here's the same room from the time period. It's too bad the photographer wasn't standing on the other side of the room, maybe the TV would have been in the photo .

Fellow VK'er "Tim" was gracious enough to pick up the set for me and take the necessary precautions to keep is safe during transport. He has some photographs of the set and can add his story of the pickup to the thread. The set will be delivered to me on or around August 1st. I plan on doing a full restoration.