Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wards Airline roundie on Spokane CL

http://spokane.craigslist.org/atq/2417159121.html

Looks to a 1964 model?

I sent the seller an email, hopefully they get back to me so I can go pick it up
Old 06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
"Book em Dano!"

Should be worth it. Cords are easily had for cheap. let us know when you get it.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wards Airline Color TV

A set exactly like this one was our family's first color set purchased in 1964; ours had screw-on legs in addition. it was in service until the late 1980's and stored in an outside storage room until 2003 when it was junked. I had removed the 21FJP22 in 1989 though because it only had a few hours on it and put that into my CTC-11. I remember that Wards installed it one Saturday afternoon; when he set up the set all was fine with the test equipment he used as far as color is concerned; the first show airing in color that evening was Bonanza. We all gathered around and when the show came on the screen was all red, no other colors. My dad called Wards and of course, it was Monday before they could get back out. So the few shows that were in color until then were red; as I remember it was tube replacement that the repairman did. Overall the set performed nicely after that. When I bought my first house in 1974 the set came with me and I did the repairs from then on (chassis was like the CTC-15) and they were few. Very nice set over the years.