Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:40 PM
M is for Memory

B+ can safely vary by 30 percent in most tube TVs.

Your h out grid being positive instead of negative is very bad, and usually means your oscillator is dead or not feeding the grid. If the h out screen is high it usually means the plate is drawing far too much current.... this makes sense since if your grid is not negative enough plate current will be high(and positive grid will red plate the hot).

What I'd do in your shoes is disconnect the plate and screen of the h output and work on the osc until the output grid goes negative. The grid gets negative by rectifying the drive signal from the osc...if you unplug the grid or cathode of the output a negative voltage will not develop at the grid.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 12-31-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
B+ can safely vary by 30 percent in most tube TVs.

Your h out grid being positive instead of negative is very bad, and usually means your oscillator is dead or not feeding the grid. If the h out screen is high it usually means the plate is drawing far too much current.... this makes sense since if your grid is not negative enough plate current will be high(and positive grid will red plate the hot).

What I'd do in your shoes is disconnect the plate and screen of the h output and work on the osc until the output grid goes negative. The grid gets negative by rectifying the drive signal from the osc...if you unplug the grid or cathode of the output a negative voltage will not develop at the grid.

Not sure I follow all the way. Disconnect the supressor grid and leave the grid thats supposed to be negative connected?

Also the b+ voltages are way off. Like for B+ 5 is supposed to be like 125v and its almost twice that. Its supposed to drop down ex 420 to 400 to 375 to 350 to 275 so on.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

So on 6je6 theres three grids which exact one do I disconnect along with the plate?. Im not surprised the osc isnt running because all those voltages are WAY off too

Also I took the voltage measurements for the h output with everything in place including the osc but none of the plate voltages or grid voltages are right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-12-31-16-43-04.jpg (115.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ZenithNut; 12-31-2018 at 07:34 PM.