Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

ATTENTION::: STOLEN vintage color chassis!!!

I have just suffered a MAJOR theft of my storage garage!! Among MANY other items stolen--severral vintage color tv chassis--includig ONE 29jc20 Zenith chassis, almost complete--including a GOOD fly and Power tranny. !! We all KNOW how rare these are---and if ANYONE comes across one with the 29JC20Q number--it WAS a remote chassis--that is missing a coil uderneath--it was MINE!! It has been in my possession since 1986.

Also stolen a couple of CTC12 RCA chassis, complete--AFAIK, and a rectangular Zenith chassis. They have also been mine for at least 20 years.

If ANYONE is ofered any of these chassis, or hears anbout them being sold, and they originated from the Ohio area--be aware--they are STOLEN PROPERTY OF MINE.

In other threads--I will post some of the other stoen items, such as the SS chassis I had, the ELcassete deck I had--and a large number of flybacks and triplers also stolen.

Jack.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Oh, man, I hope you find your stuff soon and the perp who did it. It's a bummer that there are thieves like that out there. I hate to say it but I wonder if they are after the metal and copper, things like that, I've heard stories of thieves going into abandoned factories and mills just for scrap and copper. Heck, there are stories where they think they are stealing dead electrical wire and they get shocked and killed in the process since it was live. My heart goes out to you and anyone else this happened to, you put you heart and soul and life into this hobby, or any hobby, and then some scumbum comes along and does this.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

ill keep an eye for them, im in indiana and i always search all northern indiana craigslist for any new posted tv's and parts.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Banned

This is unfortunate, however, I seriously doubt whoever stole this stuff did so knowing what it is in which to sell. That being said, I'm going to assume there is a 99.9% chance that nobody on here will be offered any of it under the table by the so called thief...

I'm sure it was stolen for the scrap value. I would call all your area scrappers and see if anything like this is coming in. If you are fortunate enough to deal with a person who speaks English at one of these places, you might have a chance.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Scanning The Skies

Sadly, there are some nasty, evil people out there who are just ready to steal something of value from someone else. In November 2011 my workshop was broken into and though NOTHING was taken, it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. As for morons who steal LIVE high voltage cable.....well they get everything they deserve and an early grave!
Audiokarma
Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sorry this happened to you.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I have absolutely NO sympathy at all for low-lifes who get turned to Extra-Crispy when stealing copper...Yeah, its HARSH & all, but nobody was holdin' a gun on 'em when they did it...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM
On Land

Jack, I hate that happened to you. I hope something turns up.

But WOW guys! Man! What is the world coming to??? That's pretty darn bad when someone steals vintage TV sets chassis!!

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

No kiddin', Charlie...Y'know,I lost a .50 Desert Eagle pistol to a gal who was livin' in my garage apartment, living there by Yrs Trly as a "Favor" to her dying mother..And that's not ALL they got...a roll of 1921 bright uncirculated Morgan silver dollars...And a BUNCH of stuff I've forgotten...They got what, maybe 50-100 bucks for that $1250 Desert Eagle...Shit,I'd GIVEN her $100 NOT to steal th' damthing..Still got most of the box of shells for it..
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman2 View Post
Sadly, there are some nasty, evil people out there who are just ready to steal something of value from someone else. In November 2011 my workshop was broken into and though NOTHING was taken, it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. As for morons who steal LIVE high voltage cable.....well they get everything they deserve and an early grave!
Well, that's shows how karma can work. :p
Audiokarma
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I have absolutely NO sympathy at all for low-lifes who get turned to Extra-Crispy when stealing copper...Yeah, its HARSH & all, but nobody was holdin' a gun on 'em when they did it...
Google 'Copper thieves electrocuted' Yeeuck!
Darwin at work.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well...the police have the LONG list of stolen items. It ranges from a couple of blowers to those color chassis and a WHOLE lot in between!! NOT expecting to get much--if anything back....but somehow ..hopeful... One stereo chassis I lost was an Airline with SE 7868 outs...one is on EBAY RIGHT NOW--(NOT mine, AFAIK), and it is being offered for 124.99!! They MIGHT get what 1.00 for scrap metal from it??

Such a LOSS!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

No doubt it was a local and its being sold as scrap.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

Of course it went for scrap. They would have no idea what it was. Same as the yokes etc. that are yanked out of sets put out on the curb, and worse, where they steal outdoor A/C units for the copper. There are parts of Philadelphia and I'm sure other cities where they can't keep the street lights on for having the cables stolen. Some years ago in Lancaster PA some genius decided to steal some heavy copper catenary overhead electric train wire from an unused siding. Siding was unused but the wire was still hot. Darwin won that one.

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Very disturbing to hear about, and if you can't solve the theft, I hope it was someone who knows what the stuff is, and that it will be saved somewhere. Assuming that it might not be, I'd check with any local metal scrappers in the area of the theft, and offer a bounty for the safe return of the chassis; for peace of mind that you tried if nothing else.

Charles