Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi. Thanks for the pics, I've definitely seen that 1955 one, seen a few of those pics, though I've always wondered if they were real photos or graphic designs as the picture looks surreal like half photographic and half art-like. Anyways I assume that 55 pic is real. Also question the picture of a CT-100 screen with some chick with red hair in a light blue background too which I saw on a CT-100 site because seeing a few other pics above it one was a 1964 colour photo of a colour telly screen with some bloke forecasting the weather which looks like a fair dinkum photo opposed to the others. I guess it's the colour printing press of the 50s which kind of makes photos look a little surreal.

Anyways I'm hoping one day to come across a large colour photo of the 50s right in front of a colour telly screen showing some live colour broadcast complete with the picture characteristics of a 3 tube colour IO with a bit of haloing around the really bright objects, though I'm dreaming . Then again I suppose seeing the 1960 Howdy Doody colour special on DVD and bits of colour footage of Dinah Shore Chevy Show the earliest colour shows from 1953/54 using NTSC system would look exactly the same only varying by the camera techo's adjustment on the TK-40/41 colour settings.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

Those 1964 photos I was talking about can be found here:
http://home.att.net/~pldexnis/potpou...P22A_1964.html
Old 12-29-2004, 06:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

Have to also show these which are the best examples I found of early screen shots. Though I'm still not content and want to find even better examples with all the spotlight halos and everything .

Anyways I have seen on the earlytelevision.org site a great example of the early 1941 CBS colour experimental broadcast http://www.earlytelevision.org/life_9-22-41.html .

And here's 3 of the best examples I've come across so far, one being the chick with the red hair, one with a ski girl (which looks like a true looking photo) and a magazine pic of a 1949 CBS colour wheel medical casts:
Old 12-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Frenchy

<<<Unfortunately, that clip appears to be from a color film of the parade itself, not taken from the color broadcast.>>>

Hmmm, when I watched it a few years ago it sure looked like a filmed tv screen cuz you could see little noise blips on the screen (didn't look like just dirty film but tv noise)....Frenchy