Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

No color unless the color control is turned all the way up. Then, I get a faint "barber pole" effect. When I first got it, there was color for about 5 minutes. And, I do have a good CRT to replace the original one that has a cataract. The emission is still good on the original tube; but, I'm not quite ready to tackle cataract removal.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would check the chroma band bass amp tubes/plate load resistors/voltages/screens. by barber pole to you mean color sync not right? bands of color running thru the whole pic or just weak color and on narrow vertical lines you get barber pole? That would be the fine tuning just too far, trying to compensate for the weak color.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just hit the wood with some restrofinsh, looks NICE... a few deeper scratches that should respond well to some darker stain, but over all it looks like practically new.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
I would check the chroma band bass amp tubes/plate load resistors/voltages/screens. by barber pole to you mean color sync not right? bands of color running thru the whole pic or just weak color and on narrow vertical lines you get barber pole? That would be the fine tuning just too far, trying to compensate for the weak color.
Weak bands of color running through the picture when the color control is turned all the way up. Once I get everybody else's modern junk fixed, I'm going to pull it out and work on it. I really do need to stop taking in everyone else's stuff because my broken pile of toys just keeps getting bigger.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Could be the color crystal or osc tube. Try moving all the tubes on the chroma module around. The sockets tend to be flaky. Hanging the tubes horizontal thus putting all the weight on the pins seems to cause the sockets to loosen up.

Keep the chassis out of the moldy set at a minimum. The PB chassis have many interchangeable parts with other sets.
Audiokarma