Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2003, 10:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

delamanating 21" round crt

i got the sears silvertone tv that i bought off of ebay. it has a rebuilt crt in it that has started to fungas around the edges. the crt is super bright and the cabinet is as close to mint as you can find. how do i take thee faceplate off and clean the gunk out.
i am not going to put this crt back in this set as i have 2 new rca dark face tubes. this one is olive green which i do not like. i will install it in a set that has the flat protective glass when the need arrives. thanks steve
Old 05-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Banned

Steve,

Since you never returned my emails yet regarding the vintage RCA remote controls you were buying I will try to reach you here.

There is another now on ebay which I have placed a bid on as buyer rcavictim. I hope you will not compete with me for it. As I had explained, I just need one remote. It is needed for my CTC-11, the only remote RCA color set I own at present.

Regarding delamination. If your tube is olive green it sounds like a Zenith 21FJP22. I understand these are so difficult because of the different PVA formula employed as the bonding agent to the RCA tubes that use the PVA that goes white and crumbly as to not be worth trying.

Thanx,
Rob

Last edited by Rob; 05-13-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

I like Rob, Have sent you emails that were never answered and will use the same method as him.
Get in touch with drh4683 or kc8edu on the proper procedure for the zenith type tubes, They have a good amount of experience on them.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question email

where have you two been emailing me at?? i have been
working my a$$ off trying to fix 2 houses up. what do yall need.
i will see if i can help steve
Old 05-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Banned

Steve,

I emailed you here once through AK private mail, and I emailed you twice through ebay's contact system to an ebayer named 'sgeorg'. I recognized you and saw you had already placed a bid on one of the RCA remotes I wanted to bid on. I emailed you telling you I would not bid against you in expectaion of a return favor on the next one to come along. No replies were received.

What do I need? I would appreciate it if a fellow collector who already has a number of these things would stand aside while I try to score just one of the early RCA color remotes that have been showing up on ebay. Thank you for your consideration. My ebay name is rcavictim and I am currently sole bidder on a suitable remote for my needs at this time. It has battery leakage damage so I'm taking a chance that it will be restorable. I'm not wanting to assemble a remote control collection, I just need one for a CTC-11 set I already own that is missing the remote

Thanx,
Rob

Last edited by Rob; 05-14-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-14-2003, 05:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

I went through ak private also, Had that admiral roundie you expressed interest in and needed parts for my rca ctc169 projection set.
I have since repaired and sold the projection set and gave the admiral to drh4683.
No big deal, Just thought you may have been interested in it.