Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-28-2003, 10:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I think that is a 24mc32, or 24nc31. i have owned both before. that would make it a '65 or '66, respectively.

the fuse holder is for a 2 amp belfuse, i think. you might still be able to find one from some collector.

i have a 29jc20 zenith color set, from '62, and the layout is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, AS IS THE 26KC20, from 1963.
both of those sets use a high voltage cage, that is black in color, and a seperate part of the chassis. in 1965. the 24mc32 deviated from that design, and from then on, the round chassis looked like that.
Thank you for the excellent refresher on Zenith chassis layouts. I looked up the Sams for a few possible chassis and I think I was editing my last post while you were writing your reply to it. I've only worked on one Zenith chassis recently (a 24MC32 last year) that had been the first for me since about 1988. I've obviously forgotten some things in those 15 years or so.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

i would be tempted to solder a picofuse of the proper amperage inside the bad belfuse.btw they stink when they blow.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

If originality is a must, I most likely have the original replacement.
I have thousands of nos parts for RCA, Zenith and Motorola tv sets (that need to be inventoried) When ever I need something It seems that I spend hours digging through boxes then repacking once the part is found!
Old 04-29-2003, 08:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
If originality is a must, I most likely have the original replacement.
Do you have any of those white plastic static-convergence magnet holders (with or without magnets)? Tim has offered to lend me one from his Zenith to have repro's made, but if someone has some that aren't already in a tv set then I won't need to rush my search for a manufacturer or worry about slowing Tim's progress in restoring his Zenith.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

I do have some from what I can remember, Will have to dig into the boxes and see, Those fragile white ones right?
Audiokarma
Old 04-29-2003, 05:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Those fragile white ones right?
That would be them. I've got a '64 (?) Admiral 26UH6 with two of the three shattered beyond recognition and was thinking of having reproductions made for future sets considering how often I've seen sets where the holders were taped together, etc. The ones from an RCA CTC11 that I serviced last year were in good shape and of identical construction. It also looks like Zenith used the same holders. I've got a Philco roundie to pick up locally as soon as I can borrow a van or truck again and I suspect that reproduction holders might be a good thing to have available.

Thanks.

Last edited by jshorva65; 04-29-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:15 AM
On Land

24nc31

That looks like the Zenith I have at home... mine has the 24nc31z chassis. Mine plays, but currently only in B&W.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.