Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Game Tech & How To

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:18 PM
I've got me surrounded!

Virtual Reality Fixes

Surprised there's no thread on this topic, but then again, search isn't all that great here and I might have missed it.

Just picked up on an entry level VR headset and once you get used to movements and such, it's pretty freakin' amazing. Haven't got that many games yet, but one in particular (Whispering Eons) is giving me problems. VR environment is good, head movements and buttons working, but I can't read any of the text messages or hints displayed in the game. Problem is, not knowing what they say makes training difficult as I have no clue what they want me to do and just poking around hoping for the best is not my cuppa tea.

Feel free to post up any other problems or tips, but keep in mind, I was here first ... ;-}

PS ... Headset is a VR Shinecon, and using it with a Motorola E5 Plus (which might be part of the problem as that's also pretty entry level when it comes to smart phones.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Haven't used VR or the phone, or the OS. But... Try looking at Assistive Technology on the phone OS to see if they're presenting the text as subtitles/captions that must be electively decoded and displayed.

Are they just absent, or garbled, or blocks with no text at all? Could be a font color choice, too...