Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow
Back then, had you dropped a crated CTC-5 off the back of a truck you would likely have been fired on the spot. Now, if you dropped a boxed plasma set off onto the concrete the boss would probably have you shove it in the corner somewhere and so "I know nothink!"
That is so very true. I have to deal with that "new" mentality everyday and it has me just about ready to head for the mountains of North Carolina where I will likely go completely nuts from being away from people. I'm start'n to think that age old expression: "You can't live with them and you can't live without them." applies to all people, not just women!
The evidence shows that big companies that handle those delicate plasma "rip-off" sets have such outrageous profits and more money than they can keep track of, that they can loose any number of those things we think are expensive to the severly uneducated and or generally retarded handlers without ever suffering anything remotely related to a financial loss.

It's clear that the "great minds" that run all the businesses and everything that trickles down to controlling the minds of people who buy garbage like programmable robots have accurately calculated that the messes that stem from not educating the public properly and hiring people that predictably cause harm to products and people, actually make them even greater profits by having enough tax write-offs to keep them from paying proper taxes.

So, They predictably loose 1000 plasma "rip-off" sets from the uneducated, underpaid workers that cost them about $100.00 a piece to produce from raw materials all the way to the store display and they not only get the "sale" price of $5,000.00 a piece taken off what they should pay in taxes but they get other tax breaks to help them "recover" the supposed losses of time/money from the employees cleaning the messes up and for supposedly "retraining" the employees to not make the same mistakes. They get paid $200.00 per employee to "retrain" and nobody discusses the fact that the "retraining" consists of a casual suggestion to be more careful.

That is just one of thousands of ways that allow the wealthiest in our society to avoid paying the taxes they should pay.
John Stossel of Dateline had a neat special discussing this subject. I didin't get to see it all but one segment was an interview of a billionaire who allowed his wife to eloquently explain that he gives less now so that he can aquire a larger amount of money to do far greater things for all those who made it possible for him and all his great, great grandchildren to have movie star lifestyles and luxorious safe houses incase of a nuclear attack, in the future.
I guess that means that someday, if he lives long enough, he will do more for others than give us some more pampered and beautiful offspring to decide how our society will continue to evolve.

I guess I'm just too negative. Apparently I need to adjust my "logical" thinking to what is "normal" and accept everything as it is and like things because they are new and pretty to look at. Whatever makes things harm people is not for little tiny me to "try" and figure out. I probably need to occupy my mind and time with things that please myself and let the "powers that be" handle all the "problems" of today's culture. Surely those great minds will ultimately do the right thing by everybody and prevent unnecessary problems... someday.

Anybody have some advice for me other than going to a shrink to get medication to make me as selfish as those I think cause most of the problems in the world?

P.S. Please don't think I am against big business or wealthy people. I am against many of their actions because of the harm many people suffer. I recognize that there are people who do the right thing by others in all walks of life. Unfortunately they are so few and far between that my hope of our culture getting better is often hard to believe.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H
If you found one NIB it still wouldn't work without recapping...
Not so sure about that.
The person I bought this ctc5 E Westcott from ran this set for three hours.
I Told him not to do that but he knows that it is worth more if the set lights.
Thought for sure the flyback was melted down but it is in good shape and the crt checks good too. I am not going to turn it on without replacing the power supply caps, But I did see pictures of the set working. {cell phone}.
This is a awesome find and was lucky to get it.

Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (45.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (61.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (75.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned

I expect that one will

have a picture like new!