Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 PM
AK Member

Thanks crooner,
I tested the caps as you instructed and they appear to still be good, but I think I'm just going to order some new ones, cheap enough. I'll set up next to test the tubes, though I'm not too sure of my tester. It looks about brand new, but I have trouble keeping the needle zeroed. After a certain amout of time the Line Adjust knob ends up all the way over to one side. There are 2 electrolytics and 1 regular capacitor in the tester which I suppose I should change out. It is a solid state tube tester, Precision 10-60. The operators manual suggests unsoldering the leads to the Line Adjust pot and testing with an ohmeter if the needle is erratic. Guess I'll try that after replacing the caps.

As an aside, I found another Telefunken today while out on a drive with my wife. A junk store in central Maine has a larger floor console AM/FM/SW/Phonograph, couldn't get behind it to get a model number, too much crap piled around it, but only $35.00. Looked to be in quite decent shape. Now, let's see, where am I going to find the room for another console?

They also had a couple of Sherwood pieces Model S-4010 amp and, I think an S-4040 tuner. Can't find anything googling for those numbers. Late 70's early 80's I'd guess. Only $20.00 for the pair. I might be taking a trip back there this week with my pickup
Old 03-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Tube Marantzed

It's a good idea to recap the tester and align it according to the manual. I use a B&K 707, BTW. Nice unit and quite reliable.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

7084w

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
Just picked this up a week ago and thought I'd post a couple of pictures. It's a very cool radio Even got the two external speakers with it Spent a couple of days bringing it up on the variac and it does work,
but has a hum. It will receive on all bands using the internal antenna except for AM, can't pick up anything. There's a part missing that's attached with a string to a knob in front that I am guessing was some sort of ferrite wound antenna for the AM. Don't know where to start as far as eliminating the hum. I understand it must have something to do with the caps, but how do you figure out which one, short of replacing them all them? Varnish is crackled sort of, but overall I'm pretty happy to have it. Not bad for a dump find
Hi I have one also. Paid 10 bucks st the fleamarket some years ago...not now.
Mine doesnot have the back and bottom covers, terrific sound.I am trying to get the schematic as I know that the covers will impossible to find.Is a quite rare set, congrats.mssw
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 PM
radiodayz

BTW, looks like there is a schematic at radiomuseum.org:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/telefun...7084w7084.html

You may have to register on the site to see it.

Regards,
radiodayz
Old 02-24-2024, 09:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Opus 7084W

Hi All,

I hope I'm not 18 years too late to the party, but I've just picked up a Telefunken Opus 7084W and hoping to pick up some model-specific tips that I haven't been able to find through my online searching.

Is there any chance that @TheNewGuy, Crooner, Chad Hauris or Nolan Woodbury are still using this forum?
Audiokarma