Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

One of my CM-7000's is cantankerous only working half the time. And you can see why in post#5 picture: They have a few dozen of those disastrous Chinese silver 'lytic caps on the motherboard! The COBY has even more: trouble waiting to happen.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Bear in mind when that cap gets bad enough it won't power on at all even if it has been unplugged a month...If you're going to have to change that cap eventually anyway better to do it now than hack up the power cord.

Yes, I completely agree. Fix the actual problem instead of jury rigging it in a way that still makes it inconvenient to use, and will not solve things long-term.
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
Yes, I completely agree. Fix the actual problem instead of jury rigging it in a way that still makes it inconvenient to use, and will not solve things long-term.
The Zeniths and Insignias even when brand new, out of the box, have a strange trait. When you tap gently on the case, the screen will freeze up for a split second. Same thing will happen when a light or other electrical item is turned or off. Everyone I had did the same thing, outside of that worked perfect.