Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 03:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thumbs down My AK account go hacked.

Hey guys
This is hard to understand for ya'll, but this is what most likely happened. Someone hacked into my account called "KaatheSnake," either by password or some other method, and started trolling the website by very unusual and stupid fibs, etc. The first signs I noticed that were extremely suspicious were messages I didn't even send, posts I didn't even make, etc. Then one day, I got banned for spam. I was befuddled, scared. etc. I didn't make any posts that were harmful, hurtful, or just plumb unbelievable in general! i tell stuff as it is, and put it out there. i don't tell lies, I'm very honest, and I want the best for people around me. It's very hard for ya'll to believe, I know, but those posts that were controversial, etc were NOT of me. This is how I figured this catastrophe out: I was searching online on my friend's computer, as my IP address was banned, which blocked me from entering the website, and searched on the computer. I was looking for my posts to see what had happened, and there it was. A FLAMING catastrophe had happened, which appalled me, worried me, and just befuddled me. I had NOTHING to do with that. It was insanity, craziness, and controversy RAINING throughout the forum/thread. It was a mess, a fiasco to put it bluntly. It's hard to understand, but I am not guilty for those actions. I never even put a word that was controversial in there. I was following the rules, and being a good member, but the incident happened, and AK kicked me off.
Ryan Downing
Old 12-16-2018, 10:58 PM
M is for Memory

The first rule of any password protected account: If your account shows you submitting messages you did not write then change your password IMMEDIATELY, and make it extra hard for someone to guess/figure out...Also may want to run antivirus and antispyware programs on your computer...If someone got your password by hacking or accessing your computer directly and you also do banking or shopping on it then your financial accounts could be compromised as well...You should probably keep an eye on those too in case suspicious activity occurs.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Administrator

I haven't been a regular on AK in over a decade; the sites are different in scope, and I'm not up on the goings on or management there.

I'd suggest taking the issue up with the management of that site.....as I can't speak to the goings on there.