Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wanted: plumbicon camera head amp schematic

G'day all.

I have embarked on an ultra challenging project which is to build a solid state Iconoscope camera using a RCA 1846 Iconoscope tube and modern electronics to drive it and have been gathering up as much data as I can and have started construction on it, details of my project are on my site http://troysvintagevideo.0catch.com/...peproject.html and also in the NBTV forums http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/...pic.php?t=1627 .

Anyways got many questions to ask and much to talk about with this project but just for this thread I am specifically looking for a 3 tube plumbicon colour camera head amp schematic diagram as a plumbicon head amp can be used as a head amp for an Iconoscope as well, so I was wondering if anyone here could possibly provide me with a scan of a plumbicon head amp schematic? It can be from any 3 tube plumbicon colour camera, nothing specific. If anyone has spare plumbicon head amps handy that they want to give away, I would love to have one. If anyone can send me a schematic, just post it to my email address ac_dc_rocks@hotmail.com I would so much appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Hmm -about 15 years too late for me to help much. No tube cameras or schematics around the lab anymore. All I can recall is that the HD Saticon amps involved a low-noise FET input, in a feedback amplifier that by its topology compensated automatically for the target capacitance. Having trouble reconstructing in my head how that worked.

Sony, who manufactured the Saticons as an assembly including the FET soldered directly to the faceplate, had a lock on the low noise FETs, and made BTS de-solder and return the Sony FETS and install BTS's own, presumably inferior FETs in BTS cameras.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Am all good now, just downloaded from the TV Camera Museum site a service manual for the Philips/Norelco LDH1 http://www.tvcameramuseum.org/norelc...dbooknotes.htm which included the schematics so am all set!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi just a quick one I assume you have looked at the U tube film
I am a Iconoscope by Yoshio Ozaki he made a really nice Iconoscope camera
Regards Paul B south coast UK
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yep I've seen that awesome film on YouTube and am in email contact with Yoshio, he unfortunately lost his schematics but kindly provided me with some memo notes/sketches which really helped providing me info with the power supply and deflection yoke construction .