Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

About 15 yrs ago Fair Radio Sales in Lima Ohio had a lot of CED discs and players. They have moved to a different location in Lima than when I visited it, but they may just have the CED stuff still. There are still items in the catalog that they had back then, so it may be worth a call (the CED's are not in their current catalog).

This may be too far away for you but last time I looked Trade-n-Treasures secondhand store in Midland Texas on Illinois St. had a good selection of CED's. This was about 6 mos. ago so am not absolutely certain they are there now.

Last edited by Chad Hauris; 12-26-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Does someone sell kits of universal belts that would work for these (or can the actual belts be ordered?) Between my two CED's I had enough good belts to just get by, although one is still a little lazy. I bought a couple kits of belts 10 years ago, just a sort of universal VCR kit, but they are all used up.

There was a big box of CED's at the flea market this fall but the vendor wanted something like $5 each or some such. I would have given $5 for the whole box! Who else would want them, besides me and the rest of the tv nuts here!?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow
Does someone sell kits of universal belts that would work for these (or can the actual belts be ordered?) Between my two CED's I had enough good belts to just get by, although one is still a little lazy. I bought a couple kits of belts 10 years ago, just a sort of universal VCR kit, but they are all used up.

There was a big box of CED's at the flea market this fall but the vendor wanted something like $5 each or some such. I would have given $5 for the whole box! Who else would want them, besides me and the rest of the tv nuts here!?
Visit this web site: http://www.cedmagic.com/selectavision.html
They have various pages on player maintenance, movie listings and
more than you'd ever want to know on videodiscs.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

We used a belt from a VCR or CD player belt kit to fix the loading mechanism on a CED player recently. Had to clean off a lot of disintegrated rubber from the old belt. I think this is the only belt in it isn't it...seems like it is a direct drive turntable motor.

Here is a link to Studio Sound belt kits:
http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/belts.htm#kit
We have used their belt kits with good results.
They also sell individual belts.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

i sold about 3 or 4 hundred of those ced systems and we rented the disc by the hundreds. i hauled away a truckload of players about 3 years ago. kept about 4 that worked. technology has changed. the first player cost me about $350.00 wholesale. i also would order about 40 rca console tv,s at a time back then. and we are in a small town of about 2500 people.
Audiokarma
Old 01-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Frenchy

The RCA CED videodiscs have always amazed me too, that they were actually able to squeeze whole color and stereo movies onto something that was almost as low-tech as a 33rpm record album, just a vinyl record with grooves in it. When you pull a disc out of the case and look at it it's just plain hard to believe...Frenchy